Complaint Review: Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

• Updated: Sun, September 23, 2012

• Reported By: Margiesas — Warminster Pennsylvania United States of America
Sweepstakes Clearinghouse
1555 Regal Row Dallas, Texas United States of America

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse Damaged Useless Computer Shipped For Vouchers Issued Dallas, Texas

After submitting the vouchers rec'd by mail and making several payments I was charged an outrageous shipping fee.  The computer was not shipped until 2-3 weeks after the final payment was received. The computer arrived with scratches on the case.  Upon turning the computer on, I immediately rec'd an error message saying Net Zero, the promised internet service was corrupt.  Also, there is no sound installed on the computer; the error message said the sound device (or something) was not installed on the computer.

I called customer service who was offensive by telling me I received what was advertised but they would ship another disc with Net Zero.  Several days later I received the disc with Net Zero however upon turning the computer on this time I received and error message informing me that my usage for Windows 7 is expired and I needed to purchase another one.  The advertisement does not mention limited usage of the software.  I have been defrauded out of my money.  In actuality I have received an old used computer with software that was installed with a disc that someone copied from another computer.  Let this be a warning:  do not use vouchers received via mail from this company, it is fraudulent and deceptive, clearly not as advertised or what you will receive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2012 01:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse/Dallas-Texas-75247/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-Damaged-Useless-Computer-Shipped-For-Vouchers-Issued-Dallas-Te-945327. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse