Complaint Review: Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

• Submitted: Mon, June 29, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 29, 2009

• Reported By:Detroit Michigan
Sweepstakes Clearinghouse
1555 Regal Row Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse How Long Will They Continue To Do This? Dallas Texas

It started with ordering one item, which I was pleased with. I am an elderly lady on a fixed income. Some of the products 'looked' decent, so I decided to order the Omni2 Digital Camera. I had my daughter-in-law to install the batteries, and it powered up. She explained to me about an SD storage card. I didn't know what that was. But after her explaination, I wanted it. The instruction manual indicated it could hold up to 6 gigs(?).... I'm not sure of that, but I know she purchased a one that said '4.' As soon as the sd card was inserted into the camera it powered off. So we took the SD card out. The camera would not work at all. After a couple of days, we tried it again. It powered on without the card, but when the card was inserted, the camera would not work, and hasn't worked since. I have purchased multiple batteries, thinking it was the battery; but this camera is a piece of crap. I warn anyone, DO NOT purchase this item. I called the company who told me I 'had a balance' so it could not be returned. My daughter-in-law is getting involved, and she loves going against companies (and normally wins), so that's where we are with these people now.

Bertha
Detroit, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2009 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse/Dallas-Texas-75247/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-How-Long-Will-They-Continue-To-Do-This-Dallas-Texas-466192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse