Complaint Review: Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

• Updated: Thu, September 03, 2009

• Reported By: Leeann — Sonoita Arizona USA
Sweepstakes Clearinghouse
1555 Regal Row Dallas, Texas United States of America

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse "Just pay the difference"... They sure see you coming ! This is a bait... ). Dallas, Texas

I like sweepstakes. So, I get this letter from SWEEPSTAKES CLEARINGHOUSE to a "Consolation winner", (my name) with 4 vouchers, each for a different prize. Choice of a Dell PC (remanufactured), a Dell laptop, an Omni2 digital camera and a Camcorder.

Each voucher shows a price : 300 dollars, 400 and two vouchers at 500. Each prize is worth a bit more than the voucher attached to it. You can "win" the article of your choice, or the four of them. All you have to do is... pay the difference. Can use credit cards, check, even a Lay-away!

Well, for once, I had won something, so I decided to pay the "difference" of $89.95 for the digital camera. But I could not see what name was behind Omni2. They show nothing on the ad. I could call but, then, I realize that the letter shows no phone number and no e-mail. So I decided to investigate a bit more on the Net.

And I found you and all the various unhappy customers of SWEEPSTAKES CLEARINGHOUSE. I am really glad I did, because I would have probably ended with their problems... How can this "company" be still in business ??

Thank you !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2009 12:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse/Dallas-Texas-75247/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-Just-pay-the-difference-They-sure-see-you-coming-This-is-489282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse