Complaint Review: Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

• Submitted: Tue, August 14, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, August 14, 2007

• Reported By:Andover Minnesota
Sweepstakes Clearinghouse
1555 Regal Row Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse Received a used damaged (Refurbished) laptop ripoff Dallas Texas

I waited almost two months to receive the laptop we ordered from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse. When I ordered it I didn't really understand anything about what a 100mg/10gb meant but the price sounded pretty good.

When I finally received the supposibly "NEW" laptop I was "steamed" because it was used/damaged (Refurbished is what the box said). This made me even more mad because I paid for new laptop. I than found out I can buy a brand new better laptop for $400.00 at Best Buy (512MG/80GB).

I called Sweepstakes Clearinghouse and sent the junk laptop back but they said it would take up to 14 days to even think about sending me a refund. I also feel they owe me for shipping charges they billed me because they didn't send what they really advertised ($61.00 they charged me - $4.93 the actual amount UPS charged = $56.07 they should refund me). I don't understand why it is going to take so long for my refund if I sent the laptop back the next day!

Andover, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2007 07:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse/Dallas-Texas-75247/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-Received-a-used-damaged-Refurbished-laptop-ripoff-Dallas-Texas-267325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse