• Report: #262059

• Submitted: Fri, July 20, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, July 20, 2007

• Reported By:auburn Maine
Sweepstakes Clearinghouse
1555 Regal Row Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse They fooled me once, shame on them! They fooled me twice, shame on me! DON'T BE FOOLED!! Dallas Texas

I received a rip-off voucher of 400.00 to put towards a new Panasonic Toughbook computer. I am a single mom of three and felt that this was the only way I would be able to afford a new computer. I needed one for my daughters to use and for myself because I am returning to college.

I made faithful payments and finally was able to pay it off in about a year. I received the computer around January of 2007 and was not able to afford internet service for a couple months after that. When I finally got the computer out of the box and running I was disapointed at what I found.

First of all there was no manual for the computer. I am very new to the world of computers so I had no idea what all the plugins on the computer were for. I used a little intuition and luck to figure most of it out. I hate the fact that the cd-rom is not in the computer but instead it has to be hooked up to it. The worst part is the built in mouse is junk!!!I get finger burns trying to move the curser and most of the time it has a mind of its own and bounces all over the screen.

Because I waited past the 30 day warrenty I was out of luck on returning it or getting a refund. Thinking that this was just a fluke I decided to take Sweepstakes Clearinghouse up on a more wonderful offer to receive an Omni-2 Digital Camera at a quarter of the cost in stores. Now, I am crossing my fingers that I will ever receive it. My check has been cashed but as of today I have not heard from this company. Shame on them for taking advantage of people in need.

Shelly
auburn, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2007 09:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse/Dallas-Texas-75247/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-They-fooled-me-once-shame-on-them-They-fooled-me-twice-shame-262059. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse