Complaint Review: Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

• Submitted: Thu, August 09, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, August 09, 2007

• Reported By:Spokane Washington
Sweepstakes Clearinghouse
1555 Regal Row Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse This company is lying, manipulating, evading and overall trying to intimidate me and deny me a refund. ripoff Dallas Texas

The first thing this company did was to send me coupons and congratulate me on winning these wonderful prizes. I looked at the coupons and the items I could apply them to and a few of them looked reasonable so I ordered them on the payment plan they offered. Then I received information stating that there would be shipping charges applied to each individual order so I cancelled all but one item, and had the money transferred over to it.

It was a computer and it had an 80.00 shipping charge of its own that I also knew nothing about. To skip to the chase, I have been fighting to get all of my money refunded and it has boiled down to the last check I had sent in to them for the amount of 192.74 and all I get is a big run-around.

They tell me it was returned, it hasn't hit their bank yet or if it has, their bank hasn't notified them yet. They wanted to see a copy of my bank statement where it shows clearing so I faxed them one and highlighted the info. They laughed and said that I should NEVER use a pink highlighter because it doesn't transmit through the fax machine. I was told that "Nowhere" does it say on my statement their name so I got the statement blown up real big making it impossible to miss "SWEEPSTAKES CLEARINGHOUSE" and now I have been waiting a couple of weeks for a response.

Nothing. I called them up and someone told me a check was mailed out on July 17th, 2007 so I asked if it was for the amount of 192.74 and she said "yes it was". After I hung up I called the machine again and checked the status of refunds and found it to be a lie. This is the fourth or fifth time I have had to go through some kind of huge rigamorel with these people just to get closer to the truth.

So I called in once more and was told that I needed to fax another copy of my bank statement because they didn't receive the last one. I tried to send it and the fax # they gave me just rang and rang but never was answered. I guess I'll try again later. I think their "M.O." is to totally frustrate you until you finally give up the fight and let them keep your money cuz its just not worth it.

Gordon
Spokane, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2007 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse/Dallas-Texas-75247/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-This-company-is-lying-manipulating-evading-and-overall-trying-266394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse