Complaint Review: Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

• Submitted: Wed, April 02, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, May 25, 2008

• Reported By:Austin Texas
Sweepstakes Clearinghouse
1555 Regal Row Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse Videocamera is a scam Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: Give them a call

I ordered a multi function videocamera MP3 , digital camera player for them . It had a 400.00 voucher attached to it. It still cost me almost 200.00 . I liked it because it was small.

The videocamera would not work.. it was fuzzy when ever objects moved or you moved the camera.
I contacted the company via email customer service and phone but got a answering type service.
I sent them a letter stating I wanted a refund as I was dissatisfied with product, which was a Christmas gift to husband. They never responded to emails and / or letters.

Despite their 100% customer satisfaction, I could not get them to credit me on credit card. I contacted the company to dispute the bill and let them know I returned the product. They sent the credit card company a letter stating that they never received shipment. I sent the credit card company proof of returned merchandise via UPS tracking but the credit card company stated that they could not credit me as it was a valid purchase, meaning that I am out of a product and money too.

I have since read that this is a Scam company. Expensive lesson learned.

Anonymous
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2008 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse/Dallas-Texas-75247/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-Videocamera-is-a-scam-Dallas-Texas-323170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

Give them a call

AUTHOR: Rachelhelps.com - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry you are having trouble with them. I have ordered quite a few products from them and I haven't had any trouble yet. *knocks on wood* lol

You should give them a call.

1-800-762-3302

I know you have already spoken to them, but this is a problem you need to take up with them since your CC company can't do anything about it (which is also lame by the way...I would drop that cc company and report them here as well). Anyways...keep bugging them. You can not legally pay for a product that you don't have especially if it was messed up upon deliver. I say it was messed up because I received a camera from them and it is in great shape. What you received was crap.

Talk to a supervisor if you have to and give them the tracking number of the package you sent back. If it comes down to it demand a refund or tell them they will be hearing from your lawyer. I never let anything like this go if I know I am right and you are.

Hope this helps!