Complaint Review: Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

• Submitted: Sat, July 06, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, July 06, 2002

• Reported By:Lompoc CA
Sweepstakes Clearinghouse
1555 Regal Row Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse is a ripoff. Dallas, Texas

I'm not going to let Sweepstakes Clearinghouse do anything to me, but I have a few words to say about them anyway...

I'm typing this in the heat of the moment, but if it helps an innocent person from getting burned, then it will be worth it. I'm tired of this type of scam. Did I ever contact these people? I don't think so. Then how do they get my name and address? They figure I'll think I entered some kind of sweepstakes a while ago, and now I'm winning something for it.

What am I winning? Not much, because I have to pay something out. They probably bought a bunch of stuff for real cheap at bulk prices and are making a nice profit even minus the voucher they've sent me. And they make it sound like somebody else is winning a millions of dollars in their "Ten Million Dollar Sweepstakes Giveaway."

Not me...I have to pay something out if I want to participate. What kind of BS is that? I'd probably get a good deal if I bought the luggage or the watches, but they'll make hand-over-fist on the computers, no doubt, which most marks will probably go for.

My point is, I'm unfortunately going to have to pollute the environment in a small way (again) and trash their junk mail. It's just another con. They butter it up real nice and sweet, but it's just another case of smoke and mirrors. Thank heaven for the internet, where one can just type in a name and get the dirt on them inside a minute.

Lompoc, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2002 08:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse/Dallas-Texas-75247/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-is-a-ripoff-Dallas-Texas-24102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse