Complaint Review: Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

• Submitted: Mon, May 03, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, May 03, 2004

• Reported By:90047 California
Sweepstakes Clearinghouse
1555 Regal Row Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse ripoff Dallas Texas

I have been a customer with this company for several years. I have purchase several items from them. A lot of times the items are not what the photo presented. However my last purchase(which will be my last),
I ordered (1)Drum Set Account #21984152 for 168.00 from this company on layaway. I was sent a much higher bill in my billing cycle. The amount rose from $168.00 to over $200.00.

I called the company to find out why the invoice was so high. I was told by the receptionist that They added on my State taxes and shipping cost to the balance. I further told her that at the time of purchase it did not mentioned any State taxes of shipping charges any where on the dicount coupons or the form that you fill out.

I told her that iI wanted my money back because I paid $50.00 down. She told me that I would lose my money. Every month thereafter they would charge me extra money against the total. I began paying the balance of electronically to keep a track of my payments.( see below)

SWEEPSTAKES CLEARINGHOUSE Account Number: ######52
04/20/2004 $50.00 #### CHECKING Paid TB2B29U4 Inquiry
03/15/2004 $50.00 #### CHECKING Paid 6BCBR982 Inquiry
02/13/2004 $50.00 #### CHECKING Paid 5B9BF9U9 Inquiry
01/15/2004 $50.00 #### CHECKING Paid 7BZBL9N9 Inquiry
2001 - 2004 Wells Fargo. All rights reserved.

I paid $50.00 on jan 15th, Feb 13th, Mar 15th April 20th 2004 for a total of $250.00 I just recieved an invoice from them dated 4/27 closing date for the total of 98.89. With the next payment 5/27/04.

I believe this company is completely ripping off people from Texas. I believed that $250.00 is enough money for this drumset that cost only $1680 with the discount coupon.

Vince
90047, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2004 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse/Dallas-Texas-75247/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-ripoff-Dallas-Texas-89991. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse