• Report: #281926

• Submitted: Tue, October 30, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, November 26, 2007

• Reported By:bossier city Louisiana
Sweepstakes Clearinghouse
1555 Regal Row Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse won't give me my money back Dallas Texas

*Author of original report: sweepstakes clearinghouse

*Consumer Suggestion: My experience

*Author of original report: sweepsatakes clearinghouse

i have recently found this website and learned about sweepstakes clearinghouse. at this time i had already sent them a total of $300 and $5 dollars worth of postage. i have sent them a letter saying that i want my money back. i do have all of my receipts. i was trying to get a computer with the $400 dollar vouchers that they sent me. they say they haven't revieved the letter. i spoke with robert about five minutes ago. said they dont refund money on the layaway plan. the only way for me to get my money back is to finish paying for it and then they will send me my computers and i would have 30 days to return it then i would be able to get my refund. i have seen other posts saying that then when your done they cancel out your account and don't give you your money back. that's 300 dollars that i need with that i could be half way done buying me a real computer. i don't know what to do. i told robert to let me talk to a superviser he put me on hold and never came back. i start to wonder they gave us an address should i go down there and force them to give me a refund. but then that address might not be good enough. well just for them to receive payments. i have all my receipts and all the paperwork they sent me. i don't know what to do or who to talk to next. i just want my money back. if anybody out there gets there money back please give me that ray of hope.

Claudia
bossier city, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2007 01:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse/Dallas-Texas-75247/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-wont-give-me-my-money-back-Dallas-Texas-281926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

sweepstakes clearinghouse

AUTHOR: Claudia - (U.S.A.)

as you know sweepstakes clearinghouse got me and i believed that i was going to get a good computer until i found this website and i learned otherwise. well i was on them to give me a refund of 305.00 total 300 that i had sent to them for the computer and 5.00 that i used in postage to send them my money. well after telling me that they do not do refunds then telling me tyhat it was already sent out. i finally received it in the mail a check for 272.00 it might not be my total but its better than nothing at all.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

My experience

AUTHOR: Amyberthelet - (U.S.A.)

I have ordered AND RECEIVED a laptop - yes it was refurbished but works fine - and an organizer center - had to assemble. As far as I can tell, if you read ALL the fine print you will not be scammed - they DO say the laptops are remanufactured, and there IS a note saying if you pay in full there will be a COD charge. The term 'layaway' is a bit deceptive, as they do not actually put aside a physical item for you and it may be backordered, but other than that, I HAVE received what I paid for. Don't complain about the quality of something you paid only a few hundred dollars for that otherwise would be worth a lot more if it were new or a brand-name. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. This is a great company to buy cheap items from that you can pay a little at a time on (yes there's an extra dollar charge each time) - but it's a good solution for a first laptop or dig. camera. If you want top-of-the-line quality, go to Dell or Best Buy.

sweepsatakes clearinghouse

AUTHOR: Claudia - (U.S.A.)

guess what? no i haven't gotten my refund of 300 dollars that i sent towards my computer. of my five dollars worth of postage. i called them. thank you to whoever posted their number because if it wasn't for that i wouldn't even have had the number. well i called and spoke with a guy sounded like he was from india made me feel bad because thats his job. but he told me that they don't do refunds. i would have to pay for the rest of it and then in those thirty days return it. told me for fight now all he could do was giving me a credit of 273 dollars and send me a catalog. for me to buy something else through them. i insisted and told them that i knew they were a scam and don't want their computer anymore just to give me my money back so i can go by a real one. said that they are not a scam and that i would have to understand that the have been in business for twenty or thirty years and they couldn't have made everyboy happy. well this was the 30 of october and i had also sent a letter in the mail previous to that and an email to them. with the email they wrote me back and said that they saw my request for a refund and will send me 273 dollars in the mail in 14 business days when you look at it thats a month. so i'mn gonna wait for two more weeks then check the mail and if not here call them back send them another letter in the mail and an email. i don't know if they are going to give me my money back but i sure hope so. but as i read how these people treated everybody else around here and gave them the runaround that hope diminishes. even if they didn't reimburse me for the total 305 dollars 273 is darn close and i will still take it. well good luck to all of you. i have also registered on the do not call at www.donotcall.gov since they called me on my cell phone and told me i could win a house and that's how this whole thing started