Complaint Review: Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

• Reported By:
Sweepstakes Clearinghouse
Nationwide U.S.A.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse is stealing money scam. *REBUTTAL

*Consumer Comment: had a good experience with this company

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

*0: I haven't had any trouble with them

They send a letter in the mail saying that you have won a $300.00 voucher towards certain products. The products have to cost more than $350.00. They give you the option of law-a-way and full pay by money order, check or credit card.

It looks like a really great deal BUT, many have sent in money and have not recieved anything. Not even a bill!

After your first payment you usually don't here from them agian. They ask for $10 - $25. They can get pretty rich by doing this to a lot of people.

PLEASE don't be fooled by them. I feel even more for the people who paid in full by check or credit card. You will not recieve anyting it is a good scam. They give you a disconnected number so you can't call for your money back or your products.

Some have called and got an answer from a person who said take it as a loss. Thank you for reading my warning. Good Luck!!

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse/nationwide/Sweepstakes-Clearinghouse-is-stealing-money-scam-REBUTTAL-3795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

had a good experience with this company

AUTHOR: Lillian - (U.S.A.)

I have had a good experience with this company.i have ordered computers, dishes and other things from them with no problems.I even used their layaway and currently I am getting a sewing machine from them.I will remain a customer as long as they fulfill their orders

Response from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

AUTHOR: John - ()

We just reviewed the message posted on November 7, 2000 and we would like to provide the following information.

The credit voucher that was mailed provides the opportunity for the receiver to purchase name brand merchandise at discount prices. Sweepstakes Clearinghouse has been in business since 1984 and has thousands of satisfied customers who have taken full advantage of our credit vouchers and received quality name brand products.

We take our commitment to customer service very seriously and would like to assist this individual. However, in order to locate an account, we will need a full name and address, including zip code so we can research our records. Once we locate an account, we will be happy to address any and all concerns.

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to respond to this matter.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

#3 0

I haven't had any trouble with them

AUTHOR: - ()

This email is a rebuttal to RipOff #3795.

It was sent by Jamie at shortie78@hotmail.com.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse is stealing money. (#3795)

They filed the following rebuttal to the above Rip-Off Report:

Their email: shortie78@hotmail.com

Their name: Jamie

Their relationship to the company: Owner

Now I can't speak for everyone, but I know that I have recieved several things from them. I used one voucher to get a stereo system, which I love, another for a boom box, and another for a dvd player. I haven't had any trouble with them, I paid in full and got the merchandise within 7 days. I am sorry that you feel you were scammed. Maybe I bought from a different company.