Complaint Review: Sweepstakes Information Reporting Services

• Submitted: Thu, January 13, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, January 13, 2005

• Reported By:Louisville Kentucky
Sweepstakes Information Reporting Services
P.O Box 36999 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Sweepstakes Information Reporting Services, S.I.R.S. Ripoff Scam Fraud Theft Las Vegas Nevada

I hope you found this website before you send your money.

I received a notification from S.I.R.S. announcing that I had won $525,439.00 in their sweepstakes. RED FLAG number one is I hadn't entered any sweepstakes. I immediately went to the internet, searched S.I.R.S. and found numerous entries from others that had received winning announcements that were similar or exactly like the letter I had received (RED FLAG #2). I read several entries from the not-so-fortunate victims who had sent in their $21.95 processing fee so their "cash award" process would be initiated (RED FLAG #3). I researched my document and looked for a phone number for customer service and it only included a long distance number (702)648-1837 (if S.I.R.S. is receiving $21.95 a pop per individual, couldn't they afford an 800 number???.....RED FLAG #4. As one can see, the red flags can go on and on.

PLEASE DO NOT reply the these scam-artists and for Pete's sake, DO NOT SEND THEM ANY MONEY. I urge you to read other entries before you make your decision. If you do send anything, send your story to this website or contact your news or local media to help expoit and stop these criminals!

Thank You Rip-Off Report for your website and for the opportunity to expoit these scam-artists and theives!

Louisville, KY

S.E.
Louisville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2005 08:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sweepstakes-Information-Reporting-Services/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89133/Sweepstakes-Information-Reporting-Services-SIRS-Ripoff-Scam-Fraud-Theft-Las-Vegas-Nev-127191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sweepstakes Information Reporting Services