Complaint Review: Swift American Moving

• Updated: Wed, September 22, 2010

• Reported By: Sherida — Providence Rhode Island United States of America
Swift American Moving
5 Sicomac Road, Suite 114 North Haledon, New Jersey United States of America

Swift American Moving Lowballing - Total Scam, Avoid at all Costs North Haledon, New Jersey

Swift moving company quoted me a price for an interstate move. Upon loading into the truck, the price increased by $850, a 130% increase. The driver came up with the new estimate by merely "eyeballing" the packed truck.  My original estimate was based on cubic feet and I took the time to measure everything to ensure that I had given them accurate information. Apparently the eyeballing technique is more accurate than using a tape measure.

Upon arrival at my destination, the driver refused to measure any of the boxes as requested to justify the higher costs. I had no choice but to pay the higher costs as he refused to unload anything.

I have called the company over 30 times since my move a month and a half ago but no one in charge has returned my call. I was always told that management was aware of the issue but no one ever called. I was eventually told that the owner of the company would call me but that was 3 weeks ago and that never happened.

This company has horrible customer service and is in the practice of lowballing. I will never used them again and neither should anyone else. Avoid them at all costs. Don't let the low price fool you because you pay for it in the end.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2010 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swift-American-Moving/North-Haledon-New-Jersey-07508/Swift-American-Moving-Lowballing-Total-Scam-Avoid-at-all-Costs-North-Haledon-New-Jer-643380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swift American Moving