Complaint Review: Swift Driving Academy

• Submitted: Thu, February 12, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, February 14, 2009

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Swift Driving Academy
2200 S. 75th Ave. Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Swift Driving Academy, Swift Driving Academy is a rip-off!!! Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: FIGHT TRADE SCHOOL ABUSE! THERE IS A WAY OUT AND IT IS CALLED STUDENT LOAN LAW!

*Consumer Comment: I SEE THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY IS STILL DISCRIMINATING AGAINST SOLO WOMEN DRIVERS....

I am from class B368 in which I just completed on Feb. 3, 2009. When we were just starting out final test (the road part) the rumor was going around that they were no longer doing orientation. I heard the rumor and decided to go into the office and ask if this was true. I was told that orientation was put on hold until approx. the end of February beginning of March, 2009.

When we started this course in the class room for one week, we were told that we would have jobs if we completed the class room, the range training and the road training and passed DMV test.

I completed the course and have received my CDL class A from Arizona, but I am now sitting at home because I have to wait for Swift to do their orientation and put me with a mentor for 6 weeks.

No other trucking company will hire someone with no experience or they will hire me but I have to go through a 7 to 10 day training and then be put with one of their mentors which involves more time with no pay. In the meantime I owe Swift $3900 for a course that they did NOT fulfill.

NO ORIENTATION...NO MENTOR...NO WORK...NO PAYCHECK!!!!

Nancy
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2009 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swift-Driving-Academy/Phoenix-Arizona-85043/Swift-Driving-Academy-Swift-Driving-Academy-is-a-rip-off-Phoenix-Arizona-423337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swift Driving Academy

FIGHT TRADE SCHOOL ABUSE! THERE IS A WAY OUT AND IT IS CALLED STUDENT LOAN LAW!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

Here is the information I posted on another Rip Off Report complaint about Swift. They are considered a Trade School because they offer job training in exchange for tuition.

Good luck!

THERE IS A WAY OUT AND IT IS CALLED STUDENT LOAN LAW! FIGHT TRADE SCHOOL ABUSE!

I THINK THIS WILL BE OF HELP TO THOSE APPRENTICE TRUCK DRIVERS WHO GOT SCREWED OVER BY TRUCK DRIVING COMPANY-SPONSORED SCHOOLS WHO KEPT THE ON ONLY LONG ENOUGH TO SCARF UP THAT FEDERAL LOAN MONEY AND THEN CAN THEM AND BRING IN A BOATLOAD OF NEW SUCKERS/MARKS/VICTIMS.

I WAS BUYING USED LAW BOOKS WHEN I CAME ACROSS A VERY INTERESTING ONE CALLED 'STUDENT LOAN LAW: COLLECTIONS, INTERCEPTS,DEFERMENTS, DISCHARGES, REPAYMENT PLANS, AND TRADE SCHOOL ABUSES' IT IS PUBLISHED BY THE NATIONAL CONSUMER LAW CENTER. I CAN NOT GIVE YOU ADVICE FROM THIS BOOK BECAUSE IT IS THE 2002 EDITION AND I AM SURE THAT IT HAS BEEN SUPERSEDED BY A NEWER EDITION SINCE IT IS NOW SEVEN YEARS LATER --2009!
I THINK THERE ARE LEGAL FORMS IN THE CD ROM IN THE BACK OF THE BOOK TO BE FILED IN COURT, AND I THINK THIS MIGHT HAVE TO BE FILED IN FEDERAL COURT-- NOT A PROBLEM FOR MOST ATTORNEYS.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONTACT THE PEOPLE WHO PUBLISH THIS BOOK AND SEE IF YOU CAN GET A MORE RECENT COPY SINCE I DON'T KNOW MANY LAWYERS WHO MAKE A SPECIALTY OF THIS SORT OF LEGAL PRACTICE AND IF YOU KNOW THE RIGHT QUESTIONS TO ASK A LAWYER, HE OR SHE AN DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE A GOOD CASE AND BE BETTER EQUIPPED TO HELP YOU. YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET A COPY AND SHOW IT TO A LAWYER AND SEE IF HE OR SHE COULD HELP YOU GET OUT FROM UNDER THAT DEBT.

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU HAVE TO BE A LAWYER OR A LAW STUDENT TO GET THIS BOOK BUT HERE IS WHO YOU WRITE TO FOR MORE DETAILS:
PUBLICATION DEPARTMENT,NATIONAL CONSUMER LAW CENTER,77 SUMMER STREET, BOSTON MA 02110.

THE SITUATION YOU ARE DESCRIBING SOUNDS LIKE A CLASSIC CASE OF TRADE SCHOOL ABUSE AS IT IS DEPICTED IN THIS BOOK BUT YOU ARE GOING TO NEED AN ATTORNEY TO STOP THIS.

M Y ADVICE TO YOU IS TO CONTACT YOUR STATE BAR ASSOCIATION--THEY SHOULD HAVE A LAWYER REFERRAL SERVICE AND SEE IF THEY RECOMMEND ANYONE WHO WORKS WITH STUDENT LOAN LAW.

OR CHECK WITH AN ATTORNEY WHO KNOWS BANKRUPTCY LAW AND ASK HIM OR HER ABOUT STUDENT LOAN LAW.

GOOD LUCK! YOU DESERVE A LOT MORE THAN STRUGGLING TO PAY BACK ONE OF THOSE ORGANIZED CRIME-STYLE LOANS WITH THE INTEREST THAT NEVER STOPS!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

THERE IS A WAY YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO NOT PAY FOR THAT DRIVING COURSE.

YOU WILL NEED TO FIND AN ATTORNEY WHO WORKS WITH STUDENT LOAN LAW.

I DON'T HAVE THE DETAILS NOW BUT I AM SURE I POSTED ON ANOTHER TRUCKING COMPANY DRIVING SCHOOL RIP OFF REPORT ENTRY OF HOW TO GET OUT OF THOSE RIP-OFF LOANS...I THINK YOU MIGHT HAVE A GENDER DISCRIMINATION CASE AGAINST THEM AS WELL...

THE IDEA IF YOU DUE THEM IS TO GET SO MUCH MONEY YOU CAN LIVE COMFORTABLY OFF OF THE INTEREST AND LOOK FOR SOME OF THE CLASS ACTION SUITS AGAINST THESE CROOKS -- I HAVE SEEN SEVERAL POSTINGS HERE FROM PEOPLE LOOKING FOR CO-DEFENDANTS.

THERE ARE TWO TRADES WHERE WOMEN ARE NOT WANTED AND YOU WILL BE PUT IN A HELLISH WORKING ENVIRONMENT CALLED HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT AND DISCRIMINATION AND SEXUAL HARASSMENT WHICH VIOLATES THE EEOC -- PRIVATE SECURITY GUARD CONTRACTORS AND THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY!

IF YOU ARE AFRICAN AMERICAN, NATIVE AMERICAN OR MEXICAN AMERICAN AND FEMALE, THAT IS MORE REASON FOR THEM TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU!