Complaint Review: Swift Movers Van Lines

• Updated: Wed, June 13, 2012

• Reported By: Ryan — Denver Colorado United States of America
Swift Movers Van Lines
6800 Austin Center Blvd Suite 632 Austin, Texas United States of America

Swift Movers Van Lines Central Movers Unreliable, Dishonest Company Austin, Texas

Olig from Swift Movers picked up my belongings on 6/3/12 and promised to ship them on Tuesday 6/5/12 as long as I provided him with an address by Tuesday 6/5/12 (it was a short notice move and I did not have an apartment in Denver when they picked up my belongings).

I called Olig on Monday 6/4/12 at 7:12pm to give him the address and he said that he would look at his schedule and call me back. He never did and did not answer his phone when I called on Tuesday. Tuesday night I was able to get in touch with an associate who worked at the New York branch who was able to take my address. I called Olig on Wednesday 6/6/12 and he said that he did not ship my belongings because I was not ready and had called him on Tuesday after he sent the truck out. This is untrue and I have phone records to prove it.

This is a problem because my belongings were meant to be delivered to my address in Denver on 6/11/12 and they have not yet been shipped on 6/13/12- two days after they were meant to be delivered. Now Olig says that he will not be able to ship them this week and *might" find a truck next week(6/18-6/24). This will put the delivery outside of the agreed delivery date of 21 days after pickup and will represent a breach of contract.

Since Olig failed to ship my belongings, he would first answer the phone only to say that he would call me later and did not know when he would be able to ship my belongings and has now stopped answering the phone when I call and will not return my messages. I have been unable to speak with anyone about the issue because Danni (who gave me the quote) promises to have an administrator call me but no one did and anyone I talk to tells me to call someone else.

This company is slightly cheaper than competitors but not worth the hassle. Do NOT use this company if you value honesty and reliability!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2012 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swift-Movers-Van-Lines/Austin-Texas-/Swift-Movers-Van-Lines-Central-Movers-Unreliable-Dishonest-Company-Austin-Texas-897178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swift Movers Van Lines