rank

• Submitted: Mon, July 26, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, July 26, 2004

• Reported By:Puyallup Washington
Swift Transportation Inc
220 S. 75th Ave Phoenix, Az 85043 220 S. 75th Ave Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Swift Transportation Inc ripoff, Does not do what they say, Does not respond to phone calls or mail. Keeps taking your hard earned money after you quit. (owner operators) Phoenix Arizona

I worked for swift Transportation as a owner operator. I took over previous a owner/operators
lease.

I had to but drive tires al the way around the truck. ($2500.00) to make it legal. I did this with the understanding of making payments for them. They Kept all monies out of my pay check untill they were paid off. then I had A couple of repairs that were supposedly were covered under warrenty, but they took that money out of my pay. One pacticular incident, and was the last straw. I had an oil leak and I stopped in the Denver, Co. term to get it fixed.

They said 4 hrs to fix it. It took 14 hrs to fix. I left their and Got to Franklin, Id and I had Oil over the side of the truck and under carriage. I lost four gallons of oil. I called dispatch and over the road. They had me take it to Salt Lake City for repairs.

Frieghtliner says four of the bolts were missing and the gasket was pinched out of the part Denver was supposedly fixed under warrenty. Freightliner call the Denver Term and confronted them about this and swift denied all of the repairs and said I must have took out the bolts and changed the part out Myself.

Frieghtliners then denied myclaim and charge me for the repair ($1200.00) plus I Had 3 days down time to get the truck repaired again for something Denver, co Term Messed up. I have since then quit and sold the truck. As of June 17 2004 they were supposed to have quit charging insurance for this truck, as of today July 26 2004 I just received another statement from Swift for another weeks worth of insurance being deducted from my last settlement.

I haven't had this truck for over a month and the are still charging me money for this truck.
whenn will it end? Not until they get ever last dime of my last settle monies.

Jim
Puyallup, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2004 10:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swift-Transportation-Inc/220-S-75th-Ave-Phoenix-Arizona-85043/Swift-Transportation-Inc-ripoff-Does-not-do-what-they-say-Does-not-respond-to-phone-call-100702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swift Transportation Inc