Complaint Review: Swift Transportation Inc

• Submitted: Wed, October 01, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, October 27, 2008

• Reported By:Fernley Nevada
Swift Transportation Inc
2200 South 75th Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Swift Transportation, Swift Transportation Inc Mexican National green card holder, mentor driver-trainer lied and made false accusations against Commercial Truck driver school graduate resulting in termination by Swift Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Not a good time to be in trucking

*Consumer Comment: Not a good time to be in trucking

After graduating from a commercial truck driving school in Sparks, NV, I was hired by Swift at Sparks, NV terminal. I had to wait for several weeks for a non-smoking mentor/driver trainer to become available.

When I was assigned to this mentor/driver trainer he was supposed to be a non-smoker -- he was a smoker. He informed me that he was a Mexican National greencard holder from Guadaljara, Mexico with a US address in southern California area.

He said he had been driving in the US for approx 2 years since the US border had been opened to mexican drivers to come into the US to drive. He thought that was great because Mexicans could drive here in the US but we couldn't cross the border to drive in Mexico. He said he believes one less US driver gives him more driving, even though he "mentors" new drivers for Swift.

Because of personal differences and accusations made by the driver-trainer/mentor, I refused to continue with him as a mentor and called the Sparks terminal to report the situation. Sparks Swift terminal provided transportation for me to return to Sparks.

When I arrived at Sparks terminal to report, I was informed that the driver trainer/mentor had called in his report of the situation. The driver mentor/trainer made false accusations and a false report of the situation. Based upon /the lies and word only of that driver-mentor/trainer, I was terminated by the Phoenix terminal. I have submitted a notarized rebuttal statement to the Swift Phoenix terminal.

Derogatory information was placed in my DAC report by Swift resulting in me not being able to obtain another driving position. I have submitted several driving applications but have been turned down because of the Swift false report.

Wolfstar2
Fernley, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2008 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swift-Transportation-Inc/Phoenix-Arizona-85043/Swift-Transportation-Swift-Transportation-Inc-Mexican-National-green-card-holder-mentor-377696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swift Transportation Inc

Not a good time to be in trucking

AUTHOR: Localnet - (U.S.A.)

Wolfstar,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. But right now, it is not a good time to be in trucking. Not many companies are hiring right now due to the economy. This guy may have done you a favor. And I bet he is sitting in some truck stop right now cursing us gringos and wondering when, or if he will get a load.

Count your blessings that you are not out here at this time. I have been in this racket for 19 years, company driver, lease op, owner operator, my own authority, small fleet, etc... Now down to one truck, just parked my authority and leased on to a carrier. I swore I would never do that, but times are tough right now. And I mean TOUGH!

When things turn around, look for some local work or a smaller regional carrier. Stay away from the big guys if at all possible. Personally, if I were you, I would look for a job driving for one of the mining outfits or one of their sub contractors. Keep you close to home, and should be some decent money. Better than OTR. Even a straight truck, you are already more than qualified, and I doubt that any of the local outfits around you have ever heard of DAC. Straight truck it for awhile and than move up to a class eight. You have to pay your dues out here, as there are many better qualified old timers out here looking for work.

Mike

Not a good time to be in trucking

AUTHOR: Localnet - (U.S.A.)

Wolfstar,