Complaint Review: Swift Transportation

• Submitted: Thu, December 11, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 15, 2008

• Reported By:knox Tennessee
Swift Transportation
5250 Truman Dr. Decater, Georgia U.S.A.

Swift Transportation do not go to swift Decater Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Swift know they're wrong that

i went to swift right out of there driving acadamy in millington,tn where they treat you like crap and talk to you like crap but it was my dream to drive a truck.well i got sent to the atlenta terminal where i went with a mentor for six weeks.after my six weeks i came home for home time and wait on a truck.well after about five days i called to check on my truck and was told there wasnt any.so i called back two days later and no truck.well,this went on with me calling everyday for two more weeks then my worker from driver servises laquisha tatum tells me to stop calling so much she would call me when i have a truck.she said dont turn it down nomatter where it was.well after two more days i get a letter saying that i no longer am employed because i quit,failer to show up.i called for a month i couldnt get a truck.i called them told them i did not quit they say i would have to talk to a recuter.well i talked to a recuter named ben in atlanta.he says he cant bring me back there is no loads or trucks.now they expect me to pay for my schooling.i wont pay its there fault i couldnt get a truck now i cant get a driving job anywhere not enough experience.i just want to drive and make money.if you thinking about driving do not go to swift acadamy if you get past how they treat you,you wont get a truck.they couldnt bring me back but their ad run in the local paper to hire people.they ruined my life,i have lost my home,my car,and my wife.iwas homeless for a week and my brother took me in.still no job or car.if anybody reading this can help with a job email me i just want to work to get my life back together.

Lonnie
knox, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2008 10:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swift-Transportation/Decater-Georgia/Swift-Transportation-do-not-go-to-swift-Decater-Georgia-400542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swift Transportation

Swift know they're wrong that

AUTHOR: Van - (U.S.A.)

Swift is downsizing and there's a hiring freeze at certain terminals at the moment. There is a waiting list for drivers to get trucks. As far as you getting fired they're wrong for that. How the hell they are going to fire you for not having a truck to actually go out and work?!?! Anyway don't sweat it freight is real slow at the moment and you're only going to find yourself out rushing to a terminal or truck stop to sit. Try and apply for a job around April when freight usually picks up if you can. Right now, you will be sitting.