Complaint Review: Swift Transportation

• Submitted: Mon, December 29, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, April 01, 2009

• Reported By:sallisaw Oklahoma
Swift Transportation
Po Box 29243 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Swift Transportation HOW SWIFT RUINED MY LIFE AND CAREER Phoenix Arizona

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: its called ATA

*Consumer Comment: You should have read the RIP-OFF Report

when i first stated with swift i was a new driver my mentor was worthless he ran me in the ground and made me drive illeagly so he could sleep he told me if i said anything no one would belive me and one day i drove so long i passed out and hit a cone in a constuction zone i was awake almost 24 hrs.

it knocked the bumper down slightly he was worried that he would loose his job so he told me not to say anything and i agreed, every man is entitled to
work and support his family.

when i got my own truck the company was really bad about giving me the wrong directions i didnt trust their directions, for example i got lost in louiseville ky trying to pick up a load and i missed my turn.

just right past that was a lot with some trailers i went in and turned around went and got my load a few days later they had called swift and told them i come in at a high rate of speed and i knocked the reflector tape off of one oif there trailers which is almost impossible and plus i was carefull i know i didnt hit anything.

but the company said since i was there they would take responsibility for it but i refused to cause i didnt do anything, but the safety dept had me to sighn a form she told me it was stating that all the info i gave was true and
correct and she lied it was for terms and conditions.

so they put it on me i feel like she commited fraud, and now im not able to work i cant even get a non driving job cause of swift ive got 2 other minor accidents but slightly bending a sign to me is not an accident i didnt even damage the sign swift didnt even have to pay for it but i felt like it was the right thing to do, i have proof of all this too i just dont have any money for a lawyer.

ive even picked up a load and when i was getting it unloaded the person who loaded it didnt load it right, and they locked me in the warehouse and made me restack 18 pallets of water i turned it in to swift they didnt care they said it was my fault, the safety manager even tried to come on to me and i refused so she made it her job to make me miserable.

and when ever i got fired they tried to tell me that i had to many service falures and when i couldnt get another job i called the terminal manager and he said i was fired for critical events ive tried to get them to change it but they keep saying no and i stop to wonder if it was them stuck at home cant work and cant support their family how would they feel then?

if there is any lawyer out there that can help me please help me like i said
i have proof of everything and when i signed that paper in safety there wasnt anybody there just me and her so there wasnt a witness, i was helping out with loads nobody wanted and when they were late i told em and come to find out they were changing dates and times and putting em in the computer
as service falures i had a brand new truck double bunk same kind mentors have with 40,000 miles on it i put it on there phoenix assigned me that truck.

i think that somebody there wanted that truck probably a mentor cause my DM told me that they can make me or break me all of what was happening was because of them and i couldnt do anything about it that has to be illegal
no telling how long they was planning that ive even tried to call the president
of swift nobody will let me talk to him.

i think to myself is that how he makes his money lying destroying peoples lives not paying em and hiding behind his employees like a coward thats not a business man that is a con artist to me.

William
sallisaw, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2008 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swift-Transportation/Phoenix-Arizona-74955/Swift-Transportation-HOW-SWIFT-RUINED-MY-LIFE-AND-CAREER-Phoenix-Arizona-405996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swift Transportation

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

its called ATA

AUTHOR: Ickeyiskewl - (U.S.A.)

If you folks dont know the ATA is man get with it ...biggest trucking lobbyist group in the US. - yea all the big companies donate millions to them to get our congress to do what they want and protect their assests not the drivers ... ur just a flunky steering wheel holder who can be replaced at anytime.

You should have read the RIP-OFF Report

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

From what I am reading, these people are a bunch of snakes, thugs and marginally legal. They must donate a lot of campaign money to the right people cause nobody has done anything about the other people whose lives they have apparently ruined also.

Don't get in the private4 security guard industry either because they do the same sort of stuff!

You don't have to drive for a megagiant corporation like Swift or any of the other BIG TRUCKING COMPANIES...

Dude, if they are ALWAYS HIRING, then they are ALWAYS FIRING and with all of the economic desparation, they will never run out of poor people who are badly wanting a chance to climb in those trucks and run them until their lives are eventually ruined too.

I don't know if even a lawyer can clear your name. the lawyer would have to specialize in employment law and know something about interstate commerce and Administrative law as regards tthe Department of Transportation...

I am sorry this happened to you but more and more American employers are starting to treat their people like this..and it is one of the reasons our economy is in such a big mess right now.