Complaint Review: Swift Transportation

• Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By: gallezzo — San Antonio Texas United States of America
Swift Transportation
2200 S. 75th Avenue Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Swift Transportation Swift Trucking, Workmans Compensation, Hurt in sleeper Phoenix, Arizona

*General Comment: Government lets them get away with anything.

Swift in Texas does not have Workmans Comp!!!!!

I was sleeping in my truck on October 17, 2012 just after dropping a load at the Kroeger plant in Memphis, TN. I literally had 2 minutes to shut down before I ran out of my 14 hours. My company had been hassling for my excessive idle so
I thought I would try to comply with its request. I was told I would be fired if I didn't. During My ten hour sleep I was stung by a wasp and got a MRSA infection due to the nasty truck they gave me 2 days before. I had a heart attack due to the infection and was in the hospital for 20 days.

To make a long story short Swift denied my medical and out of work payments because they said I was at no greater risk of being stung than anyone in the general public and also stated that I was not performing an official function of my job while in the sleeper berth. I am still an employee of Swift but I can't go back to work until I see a cardiologist that I don't have the money for and I'm also homeless.

I can't even sue them because we have mandatory arbitration. Holy sh*t!!! Does this company get away with every scam it pulls?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2013 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swift-Transportation/Phoenix-Arizona-85043/Swift-Transportation-Swift-Trucking-Workmans-Compensation-Hurt-in-sleeper-Phoenix-Ariz-996214. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swift Transportation

#1 General Comment

Government lets them get away with anything.

AUTHOR: MartyMarsh - (USA)

What you have to remember is, you are just another tool to these people. If you think you have rights, they will show you, you don't. The government won't even step in on there idleing policies, when it should be obvious to anyone that you can't get your proper rest when it is to hot or to cold. But then they know that rest can't actually be regulated so they don't care, and as long as you lie good and show on your logs that you did the right thing, then all of the crooks are covered.

Unfortunately, when you got in to this business, you started living one lie after another. It has been that way since the government starting making laws about it, and that has been a very long time.