Complaint Review: Swift Transportation

• Submitted: Fri, September 05, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, October 17, 2009

• Reported By:Kissimmee Florida
Swift Transportation
2200 75th Ave. Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
  • Phone: 623-907-7566
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Swift Transportation biggest liars ever they say more money, miles, but its all lies. Dm's don't care, only about there own pockets. Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: SWIFT TRUCKING PAY

*UPDATE Employee: Not everyone has bad experiences with Swift

*Consumer Comment: Actually, there was a large raid and closure of the Swift training facility.....

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Swift Testing Facility was shut down, not the Training Acadamy

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: you probably work in corperate

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: and the lies go on.....

*Consumer Suggestion: You sound like a typical dumb suckup

*UPDATE Employee: tell the truth

Started with Swift in Januray of 2008.

It was very hard with this company but I stuck it out,
I have been driving for a very long time, I've had my CDL
since 1996. So they made go with a mentor which didn't
drive any better than me, but the mentor was a pretty
nice person.

So I did the six weeks of training, if you want to call it that. Got my own truck in about a week which had over 600,000 miles on it. So now im solo, and have to beg for miles. I made more money with the mentor than I did running solo, I would stay out for 3 to 6 weeks.

And the 8 months that i was there was hell no money, no
support from my so called Dm, and every time that I would ask for loads she would tell me when the dispatchers get one they will send it to me on the call com.

The only time, well the ONE time that i made a good pay check was when my DM wasn't there. I'm kind of a easy going person and i have a habit of saying dude to male and females alike. I made the mistake one day of calling my Dm a dude and she freaked. So i got with the terminal manager to try to take care of this problem.

He told me that if i can't stop calling her that that he was going to allow her to call me babe, well i told him that that would be ok. At least then me and my dm would be getting along a little more personally.

And when i ask to be trnsfered to a new dm he refused. While at this company i never refused any loads and all my delievers where on time. This company has some very bad issues to work out and one is that they don't have any respect for there drivers and that they just don't
give a crap. Please if u r looking to go to this company or any other please ask a lot of questions and do your home work before u get burned because most of the bigger companys will burn you and they will not loose any sleep over it. So i had to quit these people and thank god i had family in Florida

The sooner you get away from these guys the better off you will be.

Anonymous.
Kissimmee, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2008 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swift-Transportation/Phoenix-Arizona-85043/Swift-Transportation-biggest-liars-ever-they-say-more-money-miles-but-its-all-lies-Dms-370224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swift Transportation

SWIFT TRUCKING PAY

AUTHOR: Nari - (U.S.A.)

I don't drive for Swift, but I did spend some time on their website. I was told I could find out how much the pay was. I couldn't find it so I called the 800 number on the site. I got through easily to a live person (honestly in these days that is a rare thing) but I couldn't get any information about pay. I was transferred to several people then put on hold and disconnected. I called back and got back with one of the original people I was talking with. Again I was transferred to several people. I was finally given a number to call. I called the number and a message said  The people you are trying to reach are not available please call later.I just found this strange that such a simple question could not be answered. The people I did speak with were nice, but my question about where I could find a pay scale seemed to catch them off guard. I don' think it should be a secret.
Just thought I would share my experiance and see if anyone knows why this information isn't avalible.

Not everyone has bad experiences with Swift

AUTHOR: O - (U.S.A.)

i have been an o/o with swift for 7 yrs and have made alot of money with them if you are a whiny cry baby you will not get anywhere with none of the companies in the industry. Yes they lie and cheat you on miles but so do most of the major companies out there its all about learning to play their game and show them you dont work for your dm he or she works for you. i get upset with them on a daily basis but i get over it i run good miles and dont b***h and complain 4/7 like some male drivers out here. any company is gonna work to your advantage as long as you learn to play the field....

AUTHOR: Bigmac - (U.S.A.)

You might have missed this article, or the link you provided was in error. Try the links below, they explain the raid on the Swift CDL Training Facility. The first link is the original article from February of 2008, the second link is a follow up story from February 2009. You may need to cut and paste these links for them to work.

From the sound of it, this was a major incident involving improper CDL licensing.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Newatti - (U.S.A.)

"it was not the swift school it was another truck driving school that got closed down."

I don't know about another company, but the Swift Testing facility in Millington was shut down but the Swift Driving Academy: Millington, TN is still in operation according to these reports/links.

I worked for Swift a decade ago pulling doubles. I experienced a lot of corruption from the management, including encouraging (unofficially of course) the falsification of log books. I was an excellent driver for them, and they abused the hell out of me before I left the industry for good. I can't say that it was only Swift though, the problems were at other trucking companies as well.
I guess you accept the industry as it is if you want the work...the dispatchers will lie to you, the management see you as expendable, and you will work terrible long and erratic hours, for little pay and little respect. It is not much of a life in my opinion, although I was single and able to stay out for two months at a stretch, not always my wish though.

Links:
"Previously, Swift Transportation, for its part, has acknowledged the raid, and the subsequent shutdown of the testing facility run in partnership with the Tennessee Department of Safety, although a driving school in the Memphis facility is still in operation."

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

you probably work in corperate

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

swift rips off there drivers takes there money and you all that replied probably work in the office trying to defend the company if it wasent for the drivers the company would not be around, drivers is what makes truck driving companies and if you are a driver driving for swift saying they pay you all that then pigs do really fly lol.....

#9 UPDATE EX-employee responds

and the lies go on.....

AUTHOR: Alias - (U.S.A.)

Wow nice job on showing your ignorance dip wade. Swift trucking school did not get closed down and if you have more than 2 brain cells and know how to use the internet to search you can confirm that yourself and the the true story, it was not the swift school it was another truck driving school that got closed down. But we are not surprised that you got that wrong since you got everything else wrong, like pay.

If your going to exarate your " pay" do it with more honesty than $200,00 a year, get a live you big fat liar. As for swift drivers if I only made $700 or $800 a week I would not be driving.
But I will give you credit for one thing, your entertaing with your lies.

Thanks for the laughs, my buddies and I are still cracking up over your fable of a story
ha ha ha ha

#10 Consumer Suggestion

You sound like a typical dumb suckup

AUTHOR: Nicolette - (U.S.A.)

How would you know what this person went through or how many miles they ran, what they were paid, or how their DM treated them? You come off like a complete idiot, like most Swift lackeys....I've met one or two like you that have a dedicated run and make about 800 bucks a week and trash talk anyone who has a problem with the WORST Transportation company in the known Western World. Jerry Moyes is a common thief, his trucking school was shut down in Millington ,Tn. because of incompetence and failure to comply with federal regulations and he regularaly rips off drivers on a daily basis. You sound like a typical piece of garbage geek who attacks others because you are ugly ,stupid and have low self esteem. You obviously lack education, manners and class. Keep holding that steering wheel while you play xbox at the same time and wreck into minivans full of women and kids , keep on rolling your trucks as you take curves too fast, keep tearing off hoods in truck stops and then leave the scene of the accident !! The worst trained drivers in the entire industry are at Swift and those safety decals on your vans are a joke...i bet you get a safety award just for making it out of the terminal without wrecking a fender! As far as calling a dispatcher "dude?" That sounds like a drama queen trying to start up a fight because she also is an ugly demoralized geek like you who has nothing better to do with her time.

I will close this by giving you my current history : Unlike you I do not drive a company truck with yellow caution signs and fluorescent green seatbelts. I own a truck ,and unlike you I do not make a 700 dollar a week lease payments while I haul freight at .90 cpm. I make well over 200,000 dollars a year in a specialised segment of cryogenics and my truck is paid for. You see, the person who originally filed this report will move on to bigger and better things like myself ( I came from FFE and a few other companies about 20 years back ....FFE kicks Swifts a*s in how it treats their drivers), while you wallow in misery ,despair and self loathing.

Have a good day a*****e
Nicolette

tell the truth

AUTHOR: Alias - (U.S.A.)

Your leaving out alot of the story, your not a real driver and you got fired for not doing you job.

The freight is there and your dm is not your planner so when your dm told you that planners would get you a load they were telling you the truth.

And it sounds like your a very disrepectiable if you called a lady a dude. What if she called you dudette?

Before you complain or b***h about a company tell the whole truth. You didnt do your job or you would still be working there.

The company is much better off without you, they dont need winney cry babies out there driving truck.

Hosta La vista winney baby,