Complaint Review: Swift Transportation

• Submitted: Sun, December 08, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, November 20, 2009

• Reported By:Johnstown New York
Swift Transportation
www.swifttrans.com Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Swift Transportation Destroyed my drivers record and was told to quit by the Safety Department Phoenix Arizona

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: it's the people

I have been a loyal and hard working driver for Swift Trans portation for four years now. I work in the hardest part of the country (north east region). I do a good job and I am a very careful driver. I have seen alot of good poeple get screwed by Swift, and I thought that because I have a good education that nothing real bad would get past me that would hurt my job or my driving record. Well let me tell you. The Swift Transportation Safety Department screwed me good. And I got told by their representitive Larry Barrons that I should quit.

Now keep in mind that for four years I have never been late. I have never had a bad driver reveiw. In fact, I haven't had any serious problems. This poor excuse of a human being single handedly ruined my driving record. It has recntly been brought to my attention that he has charged me with three Preventable Accidents. In the truck drivers world, this is about the worst thing that can happen to you. Your record follows you everywhere. When I cought wind of this I immeditately got on the phone and tried to get things straightened out. Well good old Larry made it very clear to me that he didn't care. The charge against me was not going to be fixed and in fact it wasn't even going to be investigated to find out what exactly happened. He had no intrest in even hearing my side of it.

It was at that time I realized what kind of people this company promotes. Larry then went on to tell me that I not only am a bad driver, but I am also a bad employee and that I should turn in my keys and go to work somewhere else. This is not the most professional way to approach a problem like this. Especially when the driver your dealing with isn't the type to roll over and take it. I told Larry Barrons that I have never had a bad reveiw and could prove it. Luckily for me I have one of the best driver managers in the buisness. And he can vouch for all this.

So drivers, whatch your records. Check them offen. Even if you haven't had anything happen. Because you never know who might be in control of your career future.

Rob
Johnstown, New York

Swift World Headquarters Phoenix Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2002 06:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swift-Transportation/Phoenix-Arizona/Swift-Transportation-Destroyed-my-drivers-record-and-was-told-to-quit-by-the-Safety-Depart-37526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swift Transportation

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

it's the people

AUTHOR: LARRY REDFORD - (USA)

Here again I read about how bad swift is,-- but accually it's a peolple problem. I saw  something in your statement that said " get this thing straightened out/ hear your side of the story". You haven't told us what it is you want to straighten out, and you haven't expanded on the " STORY.  and maybe you did not see it as a safety issue, but only a miner mishap that could have happened to anyone.

The safety people are not dealing with degrees of inccidents or accidents. The safety peolpe are dealing with safety. I know this sounds like BS to alot of you guys and gals but safety is the issue. Our involvement in any incident , no matter how large or small that IS reported records risk factors measured according to liability standards. Standards I don't even understand,---even being mister all knowing and wise as I am.

Yes! your lucky to have someone who will go to bat for you. Most times this is the best way to handle bad situations. We all need a support network to help iron out problems/issues. Anger and ripoff reporting does not solve our problems.

Yes! maybe we need --" adult supervision and a big deep breath" to manuver these hurdles. Hang in there. There must be alot " good" about Swift or you would not have been with them as long as you have.

Take the high road, be the profesional you are, your dirty laundry on the internet will never wash away the problem.

I'd like to see these reports with constructive solutions. I'd like to read about how issues were worked out. Solving problems--,how it was done-- and the results-- would be far more interesting than.---" I  hate so and so, and so and so sucks this And yada yada yada.

HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NEW TRUCK? NOW CAN I BE AN O/O?

Respectfully                                                                                                      one in the same boat.

Larry R X SWIFT DRIVER