Complaint Review: Swift Transportation

• Submitted: Mon, April 03, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, May 14, 2006

• Reported By:Reno Nevada
Swift Transportation
1455 Hulda Way Sparks, Nevada U.S.A.

Swift Transportation ripoff, dedicated driver of 5 years all the sudden sits for 5 days over weekend Sparks Nevada

*UPDATE Employee: OTR Driver and Mentor

I have driven for Swift Trans for over 5 years. I have given them my best for 5 years, and this last 2 weeks have been down right hell. I am a dedicated driver out of the Sparks Nevada terminal, usually running CA K-Marts or Michelins, but I wanted to take Sunday night off for my son's second birthday, for which I gave 3 weeks notice, and then made sure to remind my DM at least twice a week. The Friday before, I get a load for Sunday, so I sent a message to the Planner reminding him and my DM that I have asked for Sunday off, I was then sent a message from my DM over the qualcomm telling me I should have told him more in advance. So I let it slide because they did give me sunday off. I get my tuesday delivery, and got it there on time and actually had it unloaded an hour ahead of schedule. I then waited 3 hours for a preplan for a load home. I picked up my load back to sparks, and was waiting for my wednesday delivery preplan. It never came, I called the Sparks Terminal and tried to get hold of my DM but never got an answer. so I finally resigned to having the night off.

I called first thing in the morning to find out about a load, and got dispatched right away. I took out my thursday delivery, and again had it unloaded early, and had to wait for my return trip. I again waited and waited for my friday delivery preplan. It again never came, I called my DM AGAIn and got NO answer what so ever.

Here I am missing 3 days of work when I know that there are loads, or were, a driver had to call in sick, and there was a load just sitting in the office that no one wanted but they for some reason wouldn't give it to me. So I went down Thursday and tried to find out what was going on, I got No difinitive answers at all. So here I am trying to figure out what I could have possibly done to piss my DM or my planner off, and I get told by office personel that the terminal manager is on a rampage, and not to bother him with my petty problems.

So I figured it was just a bad week for everyone, but here it is Monday and I had my PTA set for wednesday of this week???? what the hell is wrong with these people, I have driven and pushed myself for 5 years, never complaining, and I am stuck sitting for 5 days straight without even so much as a word as to why I am sitting. Not even a **** OFF or anything.

I have stayed with this company for 5 years through all the petty office problems, to a DM that doesn't give a rats *** about his drivers, because I am loyal, and they gave me the start I needed. But I am here to say, I for one have had enough of the petty bull****, and the childish games of the office personel, so I will be going somewhere else, and it is a small company so I won't have the corporate BS to deal with anymore

Reno, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2006 09:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swift-Transportation/Sparks-Nevada-89431/Swift-Transportation-ripoff-dedicated-driver-of-5-years-all-the-sudden-sits-for-5-days-ov-184638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swift Transportation

OTR Driver and Mentor

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

At the time of this issue involved there were
changes in the company operations.

It had nothing to due with the driver and I'm sure he knew of the changes takeing place.
Since this time the Spark's Terminal is now back to being fully operational.

I'm sure it was frustrating for this driver but it was only the timeing of these changes and not him as a driver.

Brian C.