Complaint Review: Swiss Colony, Dba 7th Avenue, Country Door And Ginny's

• Submitted: Thu, April 22, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, June 03, 2005

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
Swiss Colony, Dba 7th Avenue, Country Door And Ginny's
1112 Seventh Ave Monroe, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Swiss Colony, Dba 7th Avenue, Country Door And Ginny's used my social security number for someone else's order, now it's on my credit report ripoff Monroe Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: THEIR CREDIT MANAGER, SHIRLEY, IS RUDE AND NASTY

*Consumer Comment: Hello SSN#'s shouldn't be used for anything outside of Federal business

*Consumer Suggestion: Sue Sue Sue

In all fairness the company did not 'rip me off'. What they did is worse.

My husband and I are trying to move to another state and buy a house. The loan company we were working through ran our credit report, as is normal to do. The report came back with 3 items totalling $1000.00 from 1997 and 1998 that I had no idea what they were.

I contacted the first company - 7th Avenue, and was told that the account was in my brother's name and address but my social security number. They told me that I needed to get a notarized letter from my brother stating this was his debt and that I needed to contact the 3 different collection agencies to get this resolved.

I called my brother and he told me this was his debt and it was his order and also on his credit report as it should be. He did not order in my name or my social(which he doesn't know anyway).

My brother faxed me his credit report and sure enough there were the same exact 3 items. He told me that they are all owned by the same parent company - Swiss Colony.
I called back 7th Avenue and asked how my social security number could be used for his account. I was told by Beth that sometimes when 2 people live in the same house this happens. She told me that this happened to her with her daughter. She acted like it was no big deal.

This is ridiculous!! They have no right to use my social when someone else in my household orders things from their catalog.

I have already filed a report with the FTC and am faxing a letter of complaint to the president of their company. My brother is writing a notarized letter to send to the company stating this is his debt.
As far as I am concerned this is fraud or identity theft on their part.

I am now having to use my time and efforts to fix their mistake. In the meantime our loan was declined and we have already sold our house and cannot get a loan to move into a new one.

If anyone reading this can give me some information as to what other avenues I can take, I would greatly appreciate it!

Jolie
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2004 05:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swiss-Colony-Dba-7th-Avenue-Country-Door-And-Ginnys/Monroe-Wisconsin-53566/Swiss-Colony-Dba-7th-Avenue-Country-Door-And-Ginnys-used-my-social-security-number-for-88632. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swiss Colony, Dba 7th Avenue, Country Door And Ginny's

THEIR CREDIT MANAGER, SHIRLEY, IS RUDE AND NASTY

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

She will NOT help you. She will write you nasty letters when their mistakes have been brought up (such as a misapplied payment I made last year of which I have proof). I asked customer service numerous times for a fax number to fax the check copy and this information was refused.

I did get the BBB involved (a very nice lady who really tried to help) and got yet another rude, nasty letter from Shirley Miller, with a fax number that never seems to work (I have innumerable confirmations with "no fax answered"). Interestingly, the collection agency DID get the copy and they did remove the entry from my credit, something Midnight Velvet/7th Avenue, et al, refuses to do.

I agree with the poster who says you should sue..our attorney (also licensed to practice in Wisconsin and Illinois) is in the process of getting them served. Hopefully, getting sued will be their wake-up call and they will finally cooperate and fix THEIR mistake. It is a small amount of money..it has now become more a matter of principle at this point. These cretins have done REAL damage to you.

Good luck!

Hello SSN#'s shouldn't be used for anything outside of Federal business

AUTHOR: Brandon - (U.S.A.)

I had a similar problem with this company, it seems that they lack procedures to authorize credit purchases. They seem overall organized, but fail in the security department. SSN#'s as far as I know shouldn't be used for anything outside of Federal business in regards to your social security.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Sue Sue Sue

AUTHOR: Sherry - (U.S.A.)

Wow, I would sue for damages resulting in you inability to buy a home. I would also sue for emotional damage as a result of all this upheaval. I would think that false reporting is against some sort of law and they should suffer the consequence of causing you harm. Contact a lawyer about suing for damages. Sherry