Complaint Review: Swiss Colony

• Submitted: Mon, December 20, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, December 20, 2010

• Reported By: Dakine — St Louis Missouri U.S.A.
Swiss Colony
1112 7th Avenue Monroe, WI 53566 Internet United States of America

Swiss Colony Free gifts were taken off order without letting me know first! Monroe, Internet

I made two different orders online and in one order I had two free gifts via gift codes. The other order I used one same gift code and a different gift code. I did not know you are only allowed to use the gift codes if you are a new customer and it did not say this online either. It let me add the free items to my second order no problem and it never stated on the site when I was ordering that I must be a NEW customer in order to use the promo codes.

I received a confirmation of my order and it says that the free items were not valid and they took them off the order WITHOUT letting me know first if I wanted to continue with the order. I called the customer service dept and was told I had to be a new customer and it was only one coupon code per customer per year and they cannot give me the free items and there is nothing else they can tell me. I told them they should have contacted me before they decided to delete part of my order as I thought someone was getting three items as a gift and instead they are getting only 1. They rep also told me that they had already shipped the item that day so it was too late. I was very disappointed with their customer service at basically telling me too bad. This is so BS what they did. If its only one per customer's first order they need to let you know that online before you place your order and BEFORE they charged your credit card and ship the item. I feel I was cheated and I may have ordered additional items if I was not going to get the free gifts, but now no I will not be ordering from them again. What a poor experience for a 1st time customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2010 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swiss-Colony/internet/Swiss-Colony-Free-gifts-were-taken-off-order-without-letting-me-know-first-Monroe-Inter-673552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swiss Colony