Complaint Review: Swiss Colony

• Submitted: Sat, January 06, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, November 20, 2008

• Reported By:Somerville Massachusetts
Swiss Colony
1112 7th Avenue Monroe, WI 53566 Internet U.S.A.

Swisscompany Swiss Colony Did not honor free gifts even though there was a problem with their site swisscolony.com Ripoff Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Try being honest with customers

*UPDATE Employee: Swiss Colony does honor their coupons

I purchased an item from Swiss Colony and added 2 free items. The order went through and I got confirmation email and everything. 2 days before Christmas I received an updated email from them with both free gifts cancelled. Customer service admitted there was a problem with their system, and told me that I was not supposed to qualify for the free gifts to start with, but it was my fault 'because the policy is reflected in their catalog'. I told her I ordered online and webpage had nothing about the restrictions. She seemed to not hear me and kept talking about 'it was in the catalog', and 'not their policy', 'they were fixing the system', etc. I was left with 2 more gifts I had to buy and pay $25 in shipping /each to get them to people before Christmas.

PS: If your system made a mistake, honor it. It is your responsibility.

Anna
Somerville, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2007 08:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swiss-Colony/internet/Swisscompany-Swiss-Colony-Did-not-honor-free-gifts-even-though-there-was-a-problem-with-th-229041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swiss Colony

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Try being honest with customers

AUTHOR: Howard - (U.S.A.)

Tammy,
If Swiss Colony were actually trying to be honest the catalog would not state, "...free with your first order from our 2008 catalog." That says nothing about being a previous customer and your manner of advertising is full of misleading statements. In fact, when ordering from the net, if you want to poke an extra charge in there do it before the customer comes to the final page - and explain "address charge" Even your reps on the phone told me this was if I was asking to send to more than one address.. Swiss Colony is not as honest and pristine as you are defending and one of these days might just get sued for their BS...

Swiss Colony does honor their coupons

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

I am a supervisor in customer service at Swiss Colony. I will explain why Anna didn't get the 2 free gifts.

It states in our catalog AND on our website we offer a free gift with your "first order". Anna didn't get the 2 free gifts she is complaining about because she already got 2 free gifts on a previous order. The customers think they can get away with placing small orders and getting more free gifts to use as Christmas gifts they didn't have to pay for. When the system processes an order it runs a check and if that customer has already received their free gift(s) they are then dropped from their order, as they should be. If it was up to me, we would quit giving away free gifts because of the customers that do like Anna did and try to get more free gifts than they are supposed to,and when the system catches it, and they don't get them, they want to complain.

P.S. Our system didn't make a mistake it just caught you trying to get away with getting more free gifts than you were entitled to. So get over it.