Complaint Review: Sylmark Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, April 09, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, April 10, 2002

• Reported By:Mesa Arizona
Sylmark Inc.
Los Angeles, CA 90010 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Sylmark Inc. ripoff Los Angeles California

*Consumer Suggestion: not required to pay

I believe that I received the product "Herbal Energizer Plus" as a freebie when I ordered PHASE 4 orthodonics (arch supports) in December of 2001. I had not ask for it, and have not even opened it.

On Feb. 13 of this year I was charged on my credit card $25.85 and after my bill came (closing date the 17th) the product arrived. I marked REFUSED on the package and figured that I would received a credit.

On March they charged my account $19.95 and when merchandise arrived I marked REFUSED and it was returned.

I checked on line this AM and there was a credit to my account on March 23 for $25.85, but also a charge of $45.85. The merchandise for the last shipment has not arrived.

As of now they owe mr credits of $19.95 and $45.85. I will call my credit card Co. as soon as I finish this.

Sincerely, LK

Lenore
Mesa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2002 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sylmark-Inc/Los-Angeles-California-90010/Sylmark-Inc-ripoff-Los-Angeles-California-18484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sylmark Inc.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

not required to pay

AUTHOR: Meg - ()

Under federal regulations, you are not required to pay for merchandise shipped to you (in your name, obviously; misdirected mail doesn't count) you did not order, and you are allowed to keep the merchandise.

Contact the company directly & let them know that you are aware of your rights. Many people aren't & that's how scams like this work--people assume if they received the merchandise they have to pay the fee & don't fight it.

Dispute the charge with your credit card company--do it in writing to preserve your rights. Be sure to explain clearly that you did not order this merchandise. If the company can't prove that you ordered the item, it has to remove the charge. This also protects you as you are not responsible for the charge disputed unless it is settled in the company's favour.