Complaint Review: Sylvania

• Submitted: Sun, February 19, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, February 19, 2012

• Reported By: Shirley — Goshen Indiana USA
Sylvania

Sylvania Funai Corporation Sylvania mp3 player... front and back panels come apart after 3 weeks... Sylvania and Funai both say they don't warrant or service product even though their name is on it. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Try this link...

My four year old received a Sylvania MP4 player model #smpk4230 for Christmas.  Within a couple of weeks the whole unit began unsnapping.....the front and back panels wouldn't stay closed.  She did nothing to the unit....barely even used it.....There was no contact information included in the user manual or quick start guide...I found a phone # online for Sylvania customer support....called them and talked to a man with a very thick accent.

He quizzed me about the issue and then told me to call back in 48 hours at which point I was read some sort of form response by another (or the same) foreign man basically telling me (from what I could figure out) that they neither support nor warrant this product.  I then went online and found an email address/website offering Sylvania customer support and sent a message on Jan 22.

On Feb. 2 I received a poorly written response saying they don't support this product and to please contact the correct manufacturer.  When I emailed asking who this would be.....they told me they didn't know and told me I'd have to take it back to where I bought it or research it online.  Really?  Your name is on it and you don't know who made it?  This disgusts me as they are not only not supporting their own product but disappointing a tiny child in the process.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2012 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sylvania/internet/Sylvania-Funai-Corporation-Sylvania-mp3-player-front-and-back-panels-come-apart-after-3-841820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sylvania

Try this link...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Sylvania, Philips and some others in the family sold brand names in the past, thus the confusion.
This site (above) is for Curtis and it looks like they are the ones to help you...good luck.