Complaint Review: Symantec Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, March 25, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, March 25, 2004

• Reported By:Seattle Washington
Symantec Corporation
20330 Stevens Creek Blvd. Cupertino, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 408-517-8000
  • Web:
  • Category: Software

Symantec Corporation Deceptive Rebate Offer Cupertino California

I purchased Norton SystemWorks 2004 after seeing two rebate offers on Buy.com. I purchased on 2/25/04, diligently complied with all terms of the rebate offers, mailed my documentation on 3/3/04, and on 3/24/04, received a notice from the company that they were denying my rebate offer because "invalid postmark date; missing purchase date." Well, the offer required a postmark by 3/25/04 -- surely they got it since their notice to me denying my rebate was received by me on 3/24/04. And as for purchase date, I sent a copy of the packing slip that came with the product, noting that it was shipped on 2/25/04. Obviously, the seller would not send it to me if I had not purchased it.

I think this is an attempt to make it impossible for consumers to actually obtain the advertised rebates.

Seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2004 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Symantec-Corporation/Cupertino-California-95014/Symantec-Corporation-Deceptive-Rebate-Offer-Cupertino-California-85341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Symantec Corporation