Complaint Review: Symantec Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, December 28, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, January 11, 2005

• Reported By:Howell Michigan
Symantec Corporation
20330 Stevens Creek Blvd. Cupertino, California U.S.A.

Symantec Corporation Rebate Ripoff fraud false claims of missing original proof of purchase rebate ripoff Cupertino California

*Consumer Suggestion: Best Buy Rebates

*Consumer Comment: Staples does this too

Symantec is automatically rejecting rebate submissions hoping that people who aren't prepared don't follow up on the claim. My brother-in-law just complained to me at Christmas that he had received a postcard from Symantec indicating that he hadn't completed the submission properly and was missing the original proof of purchase. I indicated to him that I seemed to recall that happening to me last year as well. Little did I know that the next day in the mail I received my postcard indicating the exact same thing. Double checking all of my copies I had everything included and even checked each item off on the rebate submission form as it went into the envelope.

This is clearly FRAUD, the Attorney General needs to open an investigation into this practice.

Tom
Howell, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2004 07:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Symantec-Corporation/Cupertino-California-95014/Symantec-Corporation-Rebate-Ripoff-fraud-false-claims-of-missing-original-proof-of-purchas-124781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Symantec Corporation

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Best Buy Rebates

AUTHOR: K - (U.S.A.)

Important information about Best Buy rebates: Remember to also enclose your original sales receipt with the purchase price circled. The "Rebate Form" that they always print out separate from the receipt won't qualify alone for the purpose of getting a rebate.

Staples does this too

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Hello I had the same thing happen to me.. This was from Staples.com I purchased a rx-500 Epson printer and was supposed to recieve a $50 rebate... I never got the rebate.. I was deprived a rebate because they said I supposedly had a invalid UPC number.. Which was a total lie.. They recieved what I recieved when I bought the printer. I then went to a local store to get justice they sent in a request that I get my rebate.. Still no rebate.. I think they are scamming people bigtime.. Do not do business with Staples I say... Or Norton's Symetec.. I think people should put them out of business by not giving them business.