- Report: #399734
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Symantec Corporation
Symantec Corporationwww.symantec.com Nationwide U.S.A.
Symantec Corporation Upgrade mail in rebate is a scam San Jose California
1. Go to the help/About screen in your pre-loaded software
3. Scrn print
4. Send the printed image of the help/About screen
Now, the old norton anti-virus does not even have a help/About screen. On clicking help, it goes to the help screen without any information of the product etc.
This is a SCAM - watch out, you will most likely miss these instructions or you will give up searching for the help/About screen. Even if you do manage to find the help screen, they may reject it as there is no definition of what the help/About should look like. Fortunately I did not open the software and will be returning it.
los angeles, California
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2008 11:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Symantec-Corporation/nationwide/Symantec-Corporation-Upgrade-mail-in-rebate-is-a-scam-San-Jose-California-399734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.