Complaint Review: Symantec Norton Anti-virus

• Submitted: Wed, December 21, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, December 21, 2005

• Reported By:anytown Other
Symantec Norton Anti-virus
20330 Stevens Creek Blvd Cupertino, California U.S.A.

Symantec Norton Anti-virus ripoff, whitewash, diversion and lies Cupertino California

I did a check on the symantec site for problems because I hadn't seen any indication of the program *blocks or notices* even though my NIS center showed me as fully protected. Their own problem scanned that I did not have any "updates" and that my updater needed fixed - did I want them to fix it? Of course, depending on their knowledge and my lack of it, I clicked yes. Things looked back on track.

Starting up the next day, I received a notice that an update was available -- this was good i thought, it was working well. Wrong. I tried to download the updates and I got a warning that My updater was not working. Back to their "fix it all" site. This time it told me to uninstall and reinstall. That was the beginning of a 7 day ordeal.

I talked with "tina" and "max" and "bob" and "corine", "john" and "sam" -- each "tech" thought they had fixed the problem and hung up leaving me with a repeated error and the need to spend over 36 hours trying to reinstall the program.

I was accused of "having a virus" and sent to the virus scan device over and over to have the same results "no virus detected". I was asked to REMOVE 3 of my own programs that they thought were interfering with their program. I had 3 different techs lead me into every imaginable part of my system -- deleting and renaming entries over and over. Each time I was assured that I would now be able to have coverage. NOT!

On the 4th day *friday* a "supervisor of unkown name" had me redo everything over again (dos deletions etc...) He had me email him 2 files to look at and said he would call back, he never did. On the following Tuesday~~~~ I called again to cancel because of my disgust (I had again tried to reload the program and delete x2)

This time I got "corine" on the phone and she was just way to happy to cancel my account. I was fed up -- I wanted to talk to someone that could understand me and whom I could understand. she was totally indifferent and said that the supervisor who had my files was "not working then". I asked if he chose his own working hours as he was on shift the previous friday at that time. She said yes, they decide when they want to come in.

I was also told on day one that a cd was being sent to me - it was never sent. I was willing to wing it on my own again. I am fed up with what appears to be a cyber battle between security systems and consumers getting the short end of the deal. Norton blocking aol - microsoft geared to block norton internet explorer at odds with nortons firewall -

All I know is that my banking and information has been unprotected for days, I've take 2 days off work and spent hours upon hours at the computer trying to help with the fix and I seem to be the only one concerned.

They said the "unknown supervisor" will call back tomorrow (I will take one more day off to resolve this) -
I cannot find anyone in America to help me and the disinterest and taking the easy way out is hard to swallow.

Donna
south daytona, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2005 08:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Symantec-Norton-Anti-virus/Cupertino-California-95014/Symantec-Norton-Anti-virus-ripoff-whitewash-diversion-and-lies-Cupertino-California-168812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Symantec Norton Anti-virus