Complaint Review: Symantec Norton Antivirus And Anti-Spam

• Submitted: Sat, March 06, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, March 06, 2004

• Reported By:Sacramento California
Symantec Norton Antivirus And Anti-Spam
http://symantec.com Cupertino, California U.S.A.

Symantec Norton Antivirus And Anti-Spam Symantec Norton Antivirus And Anti-Spam Rebate scam and ripoff for Norton Antivirus and Anti-Spam Cupertino California

Every year Symantec Corporation offers a number of complicated rebate and discount offers for its products. This year they came up with three or four promises of rebates on Norton Antivirus and Norton Anti-Spam, as long as these were bought with other "qualifying products."

I did just that. I followed all the rules specifically and carefully, checking off each step as I went. I do this a lot, and am careful not to make mistakes.

These rebates were for $10, $20 and $30 dollars -- enough to be worth a little effort.

I did everything, just right, and submitted the required materials.

A few weeks later I received post cards from Symantec telling me that I had failed to provide the required materials. I had, of course, but they -- or, more specifically, whatever moron opened the envelopes -- refuse to acknowledge that.

Symantec has done this to me before, but this will be the last time. And I finally decided to share the news about their deceptive practices, and warn others who might get caught by their weasley tactics.

Pete
Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2004 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Symantec-Norton-Antivirus-And-Anti-Spam/Cupertino-California-95014/Symantec-Norton-Antivirus-And-Anti-Spam-Symantec-Norton-Antivirus-And-Anti-Spam-Rebate-sca-83002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Symantec Norton Antivirus And Anti-Spam

affect