Complaint Review: Symantec, Norton Internet Security

• Submitted: Thu, August 11, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, August 11, 2005

• Reported By:Manteca California
Symantec, Norton Internet Security
20330 Stevens Creek Blvd. Cupertino, California U.S.A.

Symantec, Norton Internet Security ripoff fraud takes money and provides no product after you pay, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THEIR PRODUCTS! Cupertino California

I paid nearly $90 to download Norton Internet Security from Symantec and they refuse to provide the product and will not refund my money!!! This is a scam, they do not actually have workable software. I noticed others on here fell for the same scam from the amount of hits I got on the search engine. If anyone wants to go for a class action let me know. They have a physical headquarters listed on their site but I don't know if its a real place or a field somewhere. Their support number gave me someone that could hardly speak English. I think the operation must be run out of India somewhere. I'm going to try to stop payment with Mastercard but I doubt that I can. Their support person said they do not give refunds and the "download" they gave me is a dead link. They even tried to sell me a support service for another $69.95. Like I'm really going to give them money when they didn't even give me the software. If anyone knows what I can do to try to get my money back from this fraud let me know. Thanks.

Manteca, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2005 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Symantec-Norton-Internet-Security/Cupertino-California-95014/Symantec-Norton-Internet-Security-ripoff-fraud-takes-money-and-provides-no-product-after-153369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Symantec, Norton Internet Security