Complaint Review: Symantec - Norton

• Submitted: Tue, February 03, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, February 05, 2004

• Reported By:San Antonio TX
Symantec - Norton
555 International Way Eugene, Oregon U.S.A.

Symantec Norton Software ripoff Promised refund in writing, won't follow through, worst telephone service in history. Cupertino California

*Author of original report: Things Looking Much Better With Symantec... I'm Very Surprised and Impressed

Like millions of people, I bought the Norton software. Only I purchased mine at Office Max. When the software malfunctioned I got no help from the boneheads at Symantec. Their corporate office is staffed with jerks who direct you to a dead-end voice mail.

After several days of trying, I finally spoke with a lady who identified herself as a Symantec employee. She promised a refund if I would send in my Office Max receipt along with the software. Symantec lost that package internally, and I'll never see my $90 again. Turns out the lady who promised the refund is actually a contractor for another company. Ridiculous.

Cutting to the chase...

I phone Office Max and spoke with their head software buyer who said she's received countless complaints about Symantec and their worthless service. My advice to her was to pull all of the Symantec products from the Office Max shelves, and she is seriously considering doing that.

Symantec truly sucks, and I gave them every opportunity to do the right thing. They just suck.

BC
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2004 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Symantec-Norton/Eugene-Oregon/Symantec-Norton-Software-ripoff-Promised-refund-in-writing-wont-follow-through-worst-te-79064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Symantec - Norton

Things Looking Much Better With Symantec... I'm Very Surprised and Impressed

AUTHOR: Brent - (U.S.A.)

OK, yes things were wrong (horribly wrong) with the Symantec customer service procedures, and they're still not where they ought to be. But in all fairness I must say that since I filed my initial report here, I've spoken with some key people at Symantec who have rushed to my aid.

I've gotten several calls from sincere Symantec employees who have offered to help with my refund and my computer system. Everyone from senior technical people to the Executive Vice-President of customer care has called me and wanted to take care of my complaint personally.

My challenges to Symantec were not extreme: DISPLAY THE NUMBER TO THE CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS, ANSWER THE PHONE AND IF THE CUSTOMER INSISTS, TRANSFER THEIR CALL TO A CORPORATE OFFICER IMMEDIATELY. NO QUESTIONS OR HASSLE.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they make those changes. I promise to be fair and report back here when Symantec completes my complaint details.