Complaint Review: Symantec Norton

• Reported By:Delray Beach Florida
Symantec Norton
symantec.com Internet U.S.A.

Symantec Norton faulty product, no help from tech/customer service Internet

Dealing with Symantec has been a nightmare. Upon renewing my subscription and downloading the new version of Norton Anti-Virus for two of my computers, error messages were popping up left and right. I did follow the links that said they were leading me to a solution but all I got was being directed back to the page that asked me for money to renew my subscription (I already did that!).

I did try using the internet help tools but when they didn't work I called tech support. After waiting for almost a hour between hold time and speaking to a tech, the tech told me that he had spent too much time on this call and that I needed to completely remove Norton from my computer and start from scratch. He also said that he would e-mail a solution for my other computer but he never did.

So at this point, I had spent $100.00 on virus protection that was not working and well over three hours of my time in trying to figure out how to make it work. I ended up calling tech support back and they said that they couldn't help me unless I paid them!! Can you imagine??? I then logged onto the Live Chat support, waited forty-five minutes for someone to help me and as usual,when it was all said and done, I was no closer to a solution than when I started.

In the end, I have requested to be refunded for one of my computers. As for the other computer, the "Norton Status" says it's excellent but I'm still getting pop-ups and the computer seems to be running slower than normal so I will be requesting a refund for that too.

My main complaint is about their service. Everytime I tried to make progress, I got further away from a solution. On-line support didn't work. Phone tech support had the nerve to ask for money even though a solution couldn't be reached on-line. And even speaking to someone did me no good. They were beyond un-helpful.

Symantec is a sham. I thought they were supposed be the standard but their extremely long hold-times is indicative of just how many customer issues they're tending to. Why do they have so many service issues if they're the best?

They will never get my business again.

Delray Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2007 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Symantec-Norton/internet/Symantec-Norton-faulty-product-no-help-from-techcustomer-service-Internet-236133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Symantec Norton