Complaint Review: Symantec

• Submitted: Tue, February 05, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, February 05, 2008

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
Symantec
20330 Stevens Creek Blvd. Cupertino, California U.S.A.

Symantec Double Charge for Same Service Cupertino California

I got a warning that my Norton Internet Security will be expiring in a month. It had an option to upgrade to Norton 360. I purchased Norton 360. On December 27, 2007 I got an email confirmation for Norton 360 Upgrade. (Notice they used the word "Upgrade"). On December 28, 2007 the charge appeared on my VISA.

However, on January 10, 2008 a second charge "SYM*SYMANTECNORTNRENWL. I called Symantec World Headquarters 1-408-517-8000 and complained I had been charged twice. They said to call 1-800-695-0678, after all the messages, select option 4. She was very friendly and helpful.

On January 31, 2008, I called 1-800-695-0678, option 4 and they said Norton Internet Security was set to renew automatically. I asked for a refund. I got an email that Norton Internet Security will not automatically renew, but it will expire in 359 days! However, a refund appeared on my VISA dated February 1, 2008.

On February 4, 2008 I called 1-866-870-0267 and complained. They apologized and gave me a 90-day extension on my Norton 360. That was confirmed by email. He was very friendly and helpful.

Here's my compliant. Last May 2007 I last my old VISA card and had a new one issued! This means they had to use my new credit card information when I ordered Norton 360 to renew Norton Internet Security! To me this is fraudulent use of my credit card. The information was there that I had "Upgraded." This has got to be illegal! They are deliberately double charging for the same service!

Bruce
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2008 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Symantec/Cupertino-California-95014/Symantec-Double-Charge-for-Same-Service-Cupertino-California-306303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Symantec