Complaint Review: Symantec

• Submitted: Tue, January 11, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, January 11, 2005

• Reported By:Richmond Virginia
Symantec
707 E. Main Street Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

Symantec ripoff Richmond Virginia

I purchased the 2004 Symantec Norton Internet Security. There were 2 rebate offers - one offer was $30 and the second offer was $20. I followed the directions to a tee. After 4 months passed, I received a postcard from the Symantec Resubmissions Dept. 03-63192 in Miami, FL. I was advised that my rebate request was rejected for failing to show proof of previous purchase. I submitted proof of my purchase of both the 2004 and 2003 security package. Within one month after I faxed the requested materials, I received an e-mail that the office did not receive my fax. I then scanned the materials and sent a pdf to the Resubmissions Dept. After 3 more weeks, I received a return e-mail advising that I contacted the wrong department. Oh, really? They contacted me first. I will be submitting a claim with the BBB and the Attorney General's Office. I would not have purchased the product without the rebate. Like Grandma use to say, "if it sounds too good to be true, then it's not."

Jc
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2005 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Symantec/Richmond-Virginia-23219/Symantec-ripoff-Richmond-Virginia-126834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Symantec