Complaint Review: Symantec

• Submitted: Thu, July 12, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 12, 2007

• Reported By:Class Action Lawsuit Florida
symantec.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Symantec No Refund For Known Issue Of Norton Antivirus...Time For Class Action Lawsuit Ripoff Any State Nationwide

Its clear, many issues have been reported with this Norton product, and its time to form a group necessary for a class action lawsuit.

Everytime I tried to restart after a Norton update, Windows would not start. My laptop would just sit and spin its fan. The only solution was to perform a system restore, which deleted my Norton product which I paid $50 for, and 3 years worth of files. This problem is a "known issue" for which there is no solution at this time as outlined below.

My Sony laptop has a Memory Stick, and Speed Disk, which is a Norton product, was causing my computer not to respond or boot up.

Customer Service was a joke it was obvious that I was getting folks from India whenever I called in. They didn't have a good enough handle of the English language to understand what I was talking about. It was clear that they were simply reading from Knowledge Base Articles from Symantec's website, which I could have done myself.

Since this is an issue which Symantec has no solution for, I figured that I would be entitled to a refund, but of course the answer was "no" because I was past the 2 month refund deadline. Thats rich, if a customer has to deal with problems brought on by their software, which Symantec can not solve, they don't have any liability.

I did go through the entire, useless and frustrating route of technical support. Again, even the supervisor which I was dealing with had no clue. I downloaded a program which gave him access to my laptop so that he could troubleshoot. He told me to give him a couple of hours to diagnose the issue, and he would call me back. Of course, he never called back. I got his email address, and I sent him an email to let him know that his fix was unsuccessful.

Again, no response. The whole "give me two hours to fix it" was just a ruse to get me off the phone, as he said that he needed me off the line to concentrate.

It really is shocking, that a company as large as Symantec, can't even employ people who have a good enough handle of the English language to first understand the problem, then have enough guts to work out the problem. I have worked in Customer Service, and I'm all too aware of methods agents use just to get people off the phone.

Clearly this company needs to be dealt with in the media and courts, as our problems aren't even enough for them to employ English speakers. I will be approaching lawyers for a possible class action based upon the failures of this product, if any of you reading this would like to help or become a part of the class action, drop me an email.

Class Action Lawsuit, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2007 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Symantec/nationwide/Symantec-No-Refund-For-Known-Issue-Of-Norton-AntivirusTime-For-Class-Action-Lawsuit-Rip-260382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Symantec