Complaint Review: Symantec

• Submitted: Mon, April 13, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, April 13, 2009

• Reported By:Conifer Colorado
Cupertino, California Nationwide U.S.A.

Symantec, Norton 360 Lost my files that I had backed up with their online backup, ZERO response after SIX contacts to their "support" service! Cupertino California

Norton 360 allowed a program called 'fakeavwarning.trojan' into my computer, which caused it to crash.

I had to recover my hard drive with the factory recovery disc, losing all my hard drive files.

I thought "Good thing I have online backup!"---NOT!

I used the 'restore files' function-files were missing. I had been backing files up for over a year with Norton 360, and had just renewed my subscription. So, thinking it was a simple fix, I clicked on the support link.

To date, I have contacted Norton support 6 times. Once I was told that my files were lost because I moved, and my email address changed. The next time I was told it was because my hard drive had been erased. The next time I was told that maybe it was a problem on Norton's end, since one other person was having the same issue. The next time, no reason was given, I was told that research needed to be done and the research team would call me the next day between 12 and 5 pm. Guess what? No call.

So I called again, insisting on being 'escalated' right away. A supervisor said research needed to be done and this time, I would be escalated to the research team and they really really really would call me back within 1-2 hours. Guess what? No call!

I have printouts and screen shots of these empty promises, and will provide them to the better business bureau. I am also contacting my state's attorney general, since it appears so many people have been ripped off with regards to rebates and automatic renewals that were not authorized.

I urge everyone to do the same! Contact your state attorney general! Contact the better business bureau online and file a report!

Conifer, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2009 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Symantec/nationwide/Symantec-Norton-360-Lost-my-files-that-I-had-backed-up-with-their-online-backup-ZERO-res-443322. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Symantec