Complaint Review: Symantec/Norton

• Submitted: Sat, October 13, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, October 13, 2012

• Reported By: Rob — Ellsworth Maine United States of America
Nationwide United States of America

Symantec/Norton supposed to protect your computer from viruses but if it doesn't they will be glad to charge you more... Internet, Nationwide

My three month old laptop that I paid Symantic to protect now has a virus that has somehow disabled the entire Norton program.  Their "support technician" was "very" helpful but he determined that I needed to pay Symantec another 168 dollars for a years worth of additional support services at which time a "better trained" technician could then proceed to repair "my" Norton program.

When I refused to pay that, they then offered me a "special", one time offer of $99 for two limited assisted repairs if my computer should become affected again.  The whole time he was trying to get me to agree to this I kept thinking of the tactics of the mafia when they would get business owners to pay them for NOT trashing their stores.  Believe me when I say that this is just one instance of the steps I have taken to "squeeze" them back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2012 09:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SymantecNorton/nationwide/SymantecNorton-supposed-to-protect-your-computer-from-viruses-but-if-it-doesnt-they-wil-954688. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Symantec/Norton