Complaint Review: SynFast Oil Change #1637

• Updated: Thu, August 23, 2012

• Reported By: Howie — Monrovia California United States of America
SynFast Oil Change #1637
3 E. Duarte Rd Arcadia, California United States of America

SynFast Oil Change #1637 RFG oil Performed fuel cleaning service and ruined my engine Arcadia, California

I wanted to report SynFast Oil Change/RFG Oil, location of Arcadia, Santa Anita/Duarte Rd.

I took my 2005 Chevy Cavalier into their facility for a simple oil change. i was "talked into" a fuel cleaning service additionally after i told the tech NO 3 times. I went for a walk while the tech did his tasks and my car hasnt started/run since  7/11.

It was over a MONTH before they even diagnosed my car to determine blame or not of which they concluded the problem with the car was "electrical" and said it was NOT their fault. i then had the car towed to a chevy dealership and when the valve cover was pulled off, broken rocker arms were found, meaning, during their fuel cleaning service my engine was
"Hydraulic'd" and internal damage occurred.

I have the Bureau of Automotive Repair involved after the first 3 weeks. when SynFast claimed the problem was electrical, the BAR rep closed my case within 12 hours. After the chevy dealership mechanic told me the damage was internal/mechanical i informed the BAR rep and the case was reopened.
Since then, the SynFast tech that had worked on my car originally [Lim] was fired or quit. i also think the Area Manager [Jim] whom id spoke too on 2 occasions has been fired or quit [not verified]. This has been going on now for 6 weeks as of 8/22 and SynFast will not provide me with a rental car which i have asked for repeatedly. ive emailed [cant get a phone # for] Chris.Mansouri and have received no reply.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2012 10:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SynFast-Oil-Change-1637/Arcadia-California-91006/SynFast-Oil-Change-1637-RFG-oil-Performed-fuel-cleaning-service-and-ruined-my-engine-Arca-931838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SynFast Oil Change #1637