Complaint Review: Synapse Connect - NSS - Drugstore.com

• Submitted: Fri, March 26, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, March 26, 2004

• Reported By:APO California
Synapse Connect - NSS - Drugstore.com
C/O Magazine Processing Center, PO Box 30468 Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Synapse Connect, NSS, Drugstore.com ripoff! Dishonest fraudulent billing. Salt Lake City Utah

I recently ordered some items through Drugstore.com and was offered 3 trial magazine subscriptions (I chose Fitness, Self and Food & Wine) when I was finishing my purchase. It appeared that I would be billed after the end of the trial period. However, upon checkout my bill included the cost of the 3 magazines.

Today I went to the subscription services of each of those magazines to cancel my subscriptions and have my money refunded. For all 3 of the magazines, my accounts have already been paid. Only one of the magazines said that my subscription had been ordered through another company (Newsub) and gave me a phone number to call. When I looked for SynapseConnect, I immediately came across this website and numerous complaints.

Upon calling that number (1-800-321-6247) I went through an automated service. It was slightly confusing and it seemed that if I did not continue to call back yearly and cancel the subscriptions, I would be charged. While I think that I have cancelled the subscriptions for now, I am not entirely sure. Since I have not recieved any mail from SynapseConnect as of yet, the mailing address listed above is the one that has been listed on other reports.

I then called my credit card company to see if I had been charged yet. I did not know if the company that would be billing me would be SynapseConnect, NSS or Drugstore.com. When asked for the purchase price, I only gave the price of the magazines. I probably should have give the total cost price of my Drugstore.com purchase. Nothing has appeared (I made the purchase last week) and I was told that there was nothing I could do. When I asked for a dispute form to be sent to me, I was told that since there was nothing to dispute they wouldn't send one to me. Also, there is no way to prevent them from billing me.

I don't want this company (whoever they are) to bill me EVER and I don't want to have to keep calling and calling.

Rosalyn
California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2004 03:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Synapse-Connect-NSS-Drugstorecom/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84130/Synapse-Connect-NSS-Drugstorecom-ripoff-Dishonest-fraudulent-billing-Salt-Lake-City-U-85533. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Synapse Connect - NSS - Drugstore.com