Complaint Review: Synapse Group, Inc. NSS Magazine

• Submitted: Tue, October 29, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, October 29, 2002

• Reported By:Mobile AL
Synapse Group, Inc. NSS Magazine
4 High Ridge Park Stanford, Connecticut U.S.A.
  • Phone: 203-595-8255
  • Web:
  • Category: Media

Synapse Group, Inc. aka NSS MAGAZINE ripoff Still in good standing with Better Business Bureau Stanford Connecticut

I've seen the many complaints. I like many of you signed up for a free trial subscription to a magazine as a "reward" for filling out a survey. The survey, I thought, was reputable, and the company was in good standing with BBB so I bit. I'm not too concerned with the two dollar charge. That's still a good price for a few months of a magazine.

The website said they would bill me after my trial subscription was up and all I had to do was write "cancel subscription" on the bill and send it back to them and I wouldn't owe anything more. I get several magazines without a bill and I think that something may be wrong.

So I go to the magazine's website and cancel my subscription. I get a postcard a week later from the magazine saying that the subscription was through a service and I had to cancel the subscription through the subsciription service and it gave a phone number and address.

So I call the number, give my credit card number (probably shouldn't have) and asked to cancel (all on the automated system). It asked if I was sure I wanted to cancel--that I had been billed a small shipping and handling fee and I wouldn't be charged anything else if I kept the subscription to April 2003.

I thought that was odd considering I was supposed to only get 3 issues (or months) free. but I do not cancel, thinking i'll try to talk to someone to make sure I will not be charged more than the two dollars I have already been charged. But of course I don't get anyone (just a busy signal--weird). so I look on here, great site.

But in the last hour I've found out that while there are so many complaints on this site, they are still has a "satisfactory record" with the Better Business Bureau. I do not have a complaint yet, because I have been charged only nominal fee which I expected.

If I am charged more in the future I will complain. But if all this stuff you guys have been saying is true, then file complaints of false advertisement or fraud with the BBB. I would not have ordered if I had not seen the BBB membership emblem on the website.

Here's Synampse Group report on Better Business Bureau

Ben
Mobile, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2002 08:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Synapse-Group-Inc-NSS-Magazine/Stanford-Connecticut-06905/Synapse-Group-Inc-aka-NSS-MAGAZINE-ripoff-Still-in-good-standing-with-Better-Business-Bu-33790. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Synapse Group, Inc. NSS Magazine