historic

• Submitted: Mon, November 26, 2001
  • Updated: Mon, November 26, 2001

• Reported By:
Synapse Group, Inc
4 High Ridge Park Stamford, CT 06905 Stamford, CT 06905, Connecticut U.S.A.

NSS Ripoff 7 month issue still not resolved!

*0:

Got a charge on my account. I disputed it. I got a refund. But, I was also told that I could get a refund on the overdraft fee that was charged to me because of the magazine charge. All I had to do was fax NSS. I did, twice. Then called 11 times since 8/20. Each time I was apologized to and told that it would be taken care of and I would be contacted within 24-48 hours. I was never contacted, not once.

After I'd been assured that the charge would be refunded to me on 10 of these calls, I was told on the final call, #11, that it was decided that the refund would not happen. I asked for a supervisor, she got her supervisor - Erin Mack (1800-601-9871 X2139)and she told me that my refund claim was denied. After quite a bit of argument I asked for her supervisor and she told me she didn't have one. I pressed, after a moment of silence she told me the name of a supervisor, Jose Bursero. She assured me that he would be in on 11/27/01 and that I would be able to talk to him.

I did some research on this company and found this information:
NSS stands for NewSub Service, Inc (NewSub Magazine Services, LLC) which is now Synapse Group, Inc at:

4 High Ridge Park
Stamford, CT 06905
Phone Number: 203-595-8255
Fax Number: 203-595-8249
Julia Brennan Manager, Customer Service

and:

P.O. Box 1660, New Burgh, NY 12551

They belong to the BBB and they have 'resolved' every complaint that the BBB had against them so their rating is still good with the BBB. I just filed my complaint and urge everyone of you to do the same.

I also found this info about the person who started the company:

Marti Schiff
NewSub's VP of online businesses and president of the subsidiary.
NewSub Services, Inc.
(203) 595-8255
mschiff@newsub.com

Co-founded by:
Priceline.com Inc. founder Jay Walker

They also are known by these names or these are their subsidaries:
FREEBIZMAG.com
MagazineOutlet.com
SynapseConnect
Gift Services LLC

They have agreements with these companies:
AOL
Time (Time Warner Inc.'s Time Inc. magazine division)
petsmart.com
JCPenney, Brylane, Newport News, Spiegel and Victoria's Secret
Capital One, Chase Manhattan Bank, Citibank, First USA and MBNA, as well as leading gas card and private-label retail issuers, including Macy's.

Hope this helps someone else. When I get results I'll post again.
L

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Synapse-Group-Inc/Stamford-CT-06905-Connecticut-06905/NSS-Ripoff-7-month-issue-still-not-resolved-8173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Synapse Group, Inc