Complaint Review: Synapse Group, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, August 31, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, August 31, 2002

• Reported By:Pensacola FL
Synapse Group, Inc.
4 High Ridge Park Stanford, Connecticut U.S.A.

NSS Magazine Services Center ripoff I thought it was just me! Good thing I found this site! Stanford Connecticut

I got my credit card bill today, and I noticed there were two charges for magazines (one $24.00 and one $14.97) with NSS at the beginning. I didn't know what NSS was, but I did receive those magazines from a free offer / trial-type thing (it's been such a long time that I don't even know how I got them!).

The thing that bothered me most was that I had cancelled those magazines about 3-5 months ago. In fact, I got the last issues of the magazines in June (it's September now).

I know I had cancelled those magazines, because I had received other magazine issues and I had cancelled those also. When you call to cancel the magazines, they list all the magazines on your account and you just say the name of the magazine and they get cancelled. Well, the automated voice message said that there were no more magazines on my account, which means that I had cancelled every one of them.

I was furious when I got my bill so I decided to call the number that was next to charges. (I also noticed there were two different numbers for the same company 800-205-9198 and 800-973-2664)

It was useless because I wanted to talk to a live human. So I went to the internet. I had forgotten exactly what the name of the website was, so I just typed "Magazine Service Center" in the search engine.

I didn't find their website, but I did find this site. And it honestly surprised me when I found out other people had been ripped off by this company. So it wasn't MY fault, I thought when I read the reports. I was more furious than ever!

Is there a number where I can actually talk to a person about this, because I am NOT paying for something that was supposed to be free.

RRR
Pensacola, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2002 01:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Synapse-Group-Inc/Stanford-Connecticut-06905/NSS-Magazine-Services-Center-ripoff-I-thought-it-was-just-me-Good-thing-I-found-this-site-28625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Synapse Group, Inc.