Complaint Review: Synapse Group NewSub Magazine Services

• Submitted: Sun, November 16, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, November 16, 2008

• Reported By:Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Synapse Group NewSub Magazine Services
225 High Ridge Road Stamford, Connecticut U.S.A.

Synapse Group NewSub Magazine Services FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY - unauthorized $50 transaction from my bank account Stamford Connecticut

Two magazines, Harper's Bazaar and Seventeen, started showing up at our house in my brother's name. My brother does not read either of these, but I did not think twice of it until I noticed a FIFTY DOLLAR dent in my banking account. Something was fishy.

I immediately contacted the two magazine companies to cancel the subscriptions, but was informed that because the orders had been placed through "an independent sales agency", aka Synapse Group NewSub Magazine Services, it was only possible to suspend my account.

I used the telephone number the two magazine services had given me to contact Synapse, but it was "invalid".
Frustrated, I contacted my bank. I am in the process of filing a dispute. I will receive a new bank card, which will prevent Synapse from making further fraudulent transactions, and possibly receive my money back if the company does not contest the charges.
Warn others of this scam!

Graciela
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2008 03:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Synapse-Group-NewSub-Magazine-Services/Stamford-Connecticut-06905/Synapse-Group-NewSub-Magazine-Services-FRAUDULENT-ACTIVITY-unauthorized-50-transaction-391803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Synapse Group NewSub Magazine Services