Complaint Review: Synapse Group, NewSub Magazine Services

• Submitted: Tue, December 30, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 30, 2008

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
Synapse Group, NewSub Magazine Services
225 High Ridge Road. East Building. Stamford, Connecticut U.S.A.

Synapse Group, NewSub Magazine Services NewSub Magazine Services charged my unactivated CITI card without my authorization Stamford, Connecticut

Recently, I kept getting CITI card's automatic phone aboout my unactivated credit card. I didn't pay attention since I never activated the new credit card that they sent me. Finally, I made the call trying to activate my credit card, and then they told me that the card has been activated and I have $270 unpay bill (for 4-6 magazines ?)from the NewSub Magazine. I was so mad. Then I called time magazine and found out that they automatic extend my subscription. I asked Time magzine to cancel the subscription. The operator told me that I have to contact Newsub to cancel the subscription, which I never aware that I ordered the magzines from them.

I called the Newsub. There was no option to talk to a custmor service, and this automatic system wouldn't let me cancel the subscription immediatelly.

I am so pissed,really, not only the unauthorized charges, but also the interest that credit card company charges ( It has been three months, since the unauthorized charge). Most importantly, it is possiblely going to hurt my credit due to this fruad company, Newsub magazine.

Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2008 11:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Synapse-Group-NewSub-Magazine-Services/Stamford-Connecticut-06905/Synapse-Group-NewSub-Magazine-Services-NewSub-Magazine-Services-charged-my-unactivated-CI-406524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Synapse Group, NewSub Magazine Services