Complaint Review: Synapse Retail Ventures, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, February 06, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, February 06, 2012

• Reported By: LinLohLan — Muscatine Iowa United States of America
Synapse Retail Ventures, Inc.
C?O Processing Center, PO Box 30468 Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

Synapse Retail Ventures, Inc. offer through Books-A-Million charged me although I have confirmation numbers of cancellations Salt Lake City, Utah

Through my first purchase at Books-A-Million, newly opened in Davenport, Iowa, I was offered several free magazine trial subscriptions.  I did accept and did receive the magazines.  I wrote the "cancel by" dates in my planner.

Synapse Retail Ventures sent me a postcard reminder to cancel or my credit card would be charged.  I was to call anytime before January 15, 2012.  I called on January 10 and received a cancellation confirmation number for each subscription.  The phone number is totally automated with no recourse to talk to a live person.

One month later, I caught their attempt to charge me when it was in-process and the paperwork is underway for me to sign to block their fraud.

Searching online, I saw a reference to a connection between Time-Life and Synapse.  If this is true, the fraud has been going on for some time.  I had identity theft in 2007 with Time-Life (reported with my credit card and with the police), again with no recourse of being able to talk to a live person.

I do not believe this to be a reflection on Books-A-Million as predatory reward schemes work their way into businesses that think they are doing customers a favor by offering freebies and rewards.  Clerks can be very insistent on having customers sign up for these offers.  Note to retailers:  your customers may stay away because of those so-called perks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Synapse-Retail-Ventures-Inc/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84130/Synapse-Retail-Ventures-Inc-offer-through-Books-A-Million-charged-me-although-I-have-con-834685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Synapse Retail Ventures, Inc.