Complaint Review: Synapse Retail Ventures, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, March 26, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, May 21, 2012

• Reported By: Tichi — Iowa United States of America
Synapse Retail Ventures, Inc.
225 High Ridge Rd Stamford, CT, 06905-3000, Internet United States of America

Synapse Retail Ventures, Inc. Synapse Group, Inc. duped me into accepting trial magazine subscritions, not notified would be charged first, cannot cancel Internet, Internet

*General Comment: Synapse Retail Ventures, Inc

I was offered three free trial subscriptions to magazines of my choice by Books A Million, approximately a month ago.   At no time was I informed that they would charge my credit card to initiate the "free" trial.  When I discovered this, about a week later via notice from the company, I personally went to the store to have them cancel the offer.  In addition I tried to contact the company on the customer service number provided .  It gives no opportunity to speak with a "real" person, it is completely automated with no option for my problem.

Today 3/26/12 I received a "Welcome" card saying I had "recently accepted an offer to try the magazines...."  I returned the card with a cancellation notice on the face of it, in addition to a letter restating that I had cancelled previously.  I also said they did not have my approval to charge my credit card.

I found a name and number of the VP of Public Relationn the Internet.   I tried to reach this person, and received a message that she could be reached via her cell.  I called that number and got another message that she was not available.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2012 01:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Synapse-Retail-Ventures-Inc/internet/Synapse-Retail-Ventures-Inc-Synapse-Group-Inc-duped-me-into-accepting-trial-magazine-859554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Synapse Retail Ventures, Inc.

#1 General Comment

Synapse Retail Ventures, Inc

AUTHOR: Donnie Smith - (United States of America)

i was duped into getting "free" subscriptions to magazines at fye and when i tried to cancel at the number given, 800-586-9312, it would not accept the cancellation, but kept trying to get me to accept other offers. i called time mgazine and got this number to call 877-373-1936 and was able to speak to an actual person. i won't know till around july 9 if it actually worked, but i'll keep you all posted.